Photos that make you think.

a very poignant image
Lee Miller had an interesting life and went from being a Model to a full time photographer

American war correspondent Lee Miller takes a bath in Hitler’s Munich apartment hours after his suicide, tracking mud fresh from Dachau across the floor. 30 April 1945

1521208406275.png

a very poignant image
Lee Miller had an interesting life and went from being a Model to a full time photographer

American war correspondent Lee Miller takes a bath in Hitler’s Munich apartment hours after his suicide, tracking mud fresh from Dachau across the floor. 30 April 1945

View attachment 326600
Excellent and thought provoking image.

I am thinking, Why has Hitler got a framed photo of himself in his bathroom!

a very poignant image
Lee Miller's story is rather sad...

Lee Miller: the woman in Hitler’s bathtub

Excellent and thought provoking image.

I am thinking, Why has Hitler got a framed photo of himself in his bathroom!

I don't think its actually "his" bathroom. He had not really lived in the apartment since 1934. It was permanently occupied by Angela Raubel and her daughters (or at least the surviving daughter), and various other people from time to time.

Presumably the photo was staged for maximum effect and the photograph placed there deliberately.

Baglock

On ROPS
On ROPs
View attachment 326387
The Lunar Module of Apollo 17 leaves the moons surface and returns to the Command Module in December '72.
This was the last Apollo mission to the moon and was the last time a human has travelled beyond Earth orbit. We all thought back then that by 2018 we would have a Moon base and be travelling to Mars as a matter of routine.
Still, we can always watch re-runs of Star Wars!
The Lunar module pilot was the only geologist to go to the moon, Harrison Schmidt. Still alive and kicking

Descent video below for fellow nerds

Baglock

On ROPS
On ROPs
I thought the Boche had parachutes and it was only the British who thought it would lead to cowardly abandoning of their aircraft under fire. I may be wrong though. Its the red wine, you know.
Not called the 20 minuters for nothing. Woof!

I love these colourised photos. For me they add another depth to history.

This one is Cleveland-class Light Cruiser, ‘USS Santa Fe’ CL-60 pulls alongside Essex-class Aircraft Carrier, ‘USS Franklin’ CV-13 as it lists towards its starboard side after suffering two direct hits from a pair of armour piercing bombs, dropped by a lone Japanese plane. Near Okinawa. 19th March, 1945

40EDCA58-B5C5-4164-9962-DFBE2B099811.jpeg

View attachment 326022
Top of Spion Kop after the battle known as ‘Murderous Acre’: Battle of Spion Kop on 24th January 1900 during the Great Boer War.
Battle of Spion Kop
Did you know that Ghandi was present at the battle? leading a team of Indian stretcher bearers.
And gave it's name to The Kop at Anfield, I believe.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

This one is Cleveland-class Light Cruiser, ‘USS Santa Fe’ CL-60 pulls alongside Essex-class Aircraft Carrier, ‘USS Franklin’ CV-13 as it lists towards its starboard side after suffering two direct hits from a pair of armour piercing bombs, dropped by a lone Japanese plane. Near Okinawa. 19th March, 1945

View attachment 326787
Which resulted in the deaths of over 800 men.

USS Franklin (CV-13) - Wikipedia

The Lunar module pilot was the only geologist to go to the moon, Harrison Schmidt. Still alive and kicking

Descent video below for fellow nerds

Excellent spot.

I watched that thinking I was playing arcade Lunar Lander back in the late seventies, with added acronyms.

So hypnotic I forgot to take dinner out of the oven. Good job I like the crispy bits.

As an added bonus it reminded me of the amount of disdain I harbour for lunar hoax CTers. And flat earthers. And the rest of the tinfoiler community.

Raised a chuckle when one of the astronauts said something like “computer says yes”.

Excellent spot.

I watched that thinking I was playing arcade Lunar Lander back in the late seventies, with added acronyms.

So hypnotic I forgot to take dinner out of the oven. Good job I like the crispy bits.

As an added bonus it reminded me of the amount of disdain I harbour for lunar hoax CTers. And flat earthers. And the rest of the tinfoiler community.

Raised a chuckle when one of the astronauts said something like “computer says yes”.
You leave us flat earthers alone. Where do you think all the water goes, huh? 8O

And does it come out the other side?
No, of course it doesn't.
Why?
Because it's obvious the world is flat.

And does it come out the other side?
No, of course it doesn't.
Why?
Because it's obvious the world is flat.
t'other side gets it, filters and sends it back.

If the world is flat has anyone on the edge seen some one fall off the edge and walk back to tell the tale.

Just asking like.

View attachment 326787
Agreed totally about colour adding an extra dimension to these old photos.
Before:
050315SDGonBuffalo.jpg

After.
bad8af8ee0db9293c4ff60c6336c2afb.jpg

Latest Threads