Photos of soldiers before, during and after war

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by northern-matelot, Dec 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. "So they get slightly older and the photographer asks them to look less happy in the after shot. Wow."

Great comment at the bottom.

• Like Like x 1
  2. And they look 'weathered.'

Given the hot, dusty, dirty environment that they're working in, I'd be more impressed if they looked pasty white, during and after a tour.

3. Any job that involves irregular hours and sleep deprivation, along with crap food, stress and physical exertion for prolonged periods is bound to leave an impression.
    Good pics though.

4. Agree with all of the above.....to add in - the middle pics on all - the guys actually "look" more switched on....which I totally agree with...took me about 2 months to get back to normal after my first tour.

5. Oh yes, highly objective. Strange how each image in the series is lit from a different angle! Now **** off!

6. Works well with dictators though......

BenitoMussolini.jpg Mussolini.jpg Benito-Mussolini-www.listverse.c0m.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  7. Tends to be common with dictators....

8. NSFW. Sorry, couldn't resist. Before and after.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  9. Sorry to nitpick but those nipples could do with mounting a smidge higher.

10. Can't see any difference in the pics. Slightly more tanned, different fitness levels, etc.

However, it's not uncommon for older blokes to go grey on tour, which is marginally more interesting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.