photos of Mount Longdon

Discussion in 'Military History and Militaria' started by jimmyoc, Jul 25, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi All, if anyone was based in the Falklands and has done the battlefield tour or just visited Longdon, would be possible send me copies of your photos, especially the early years after the war or any after the battle photos, especially of 50 Cals or 120mm mortar, I am trying to put a book together, and they would be of great help, I am ex 3 Para 1982,
    thank you, please pm me and I will send my email,
    I am not sure if this link will work, if not type in Mount Longdon 1982 into facebook,
    Welcome to Facebook
    bye for now Jimmy
  2. Hi Jimmy,

I spent a year in the FI from 1998 to 1999 and walked and photographed most of the battlefields. I would need to scan the photos for you as they are not digital. I am away from home till Friday but can you PM me your email address as I am not on Facebook. Off the top of my head I have photos of the Summit and memorials, the RAP location, lots of rusty battlefield debris and the recoiless rifle that was up there. Keep us info'd on your book I find anything on the Falklands War of great interest. Green Eyed Boys still rates as one of my top read books ever.

Best regards

3. Thanks FM, Anymore would be much appreciated :)
  4. PM sent! I might have more stuff soon as well.
  5. Shhhhh! Someone on this board may get big headed about that!! You're right though, outstanding read and I have the good fortune of knowing quite a few of the blokes in it as does Jimmy. want to put that picture of the top of Longdon on here to show what you've been doing. It's ******* stunning.
  6. Thanks JD, its nice to know that lads remember the price paid many years ago,
  7. I went on holiday there last year just to see Mt. Longdon. So I,ve got loads of photos of Longdon. I will quite happily post you a cd with them all on if you wish?
  8. Hi, Scratch, did you get my pm, I have sent a pm, but does not seem to be registered in my sent box..
  9. Very moving. Seen, I think, the photo that JD refers to on FB.