Photos my friends took in Iraq

Discussion in 'Multinational HQ' started by Chief_Joseph, May 15, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Below are some photos my buddy "Gozar" took last year in Iraq. I posted them here earlier, but the thread got flooded by posts that were little more than personal attacks. This is not a political thread, it is simply some photos. It's getting late where I am and I'm busy tomorrow, so this is all I'm posting right now. Gozar took 5000+ photos. Also, I have photos from other friends. Besides Gozar, I know 4 more US Army Soldiers, 3 UK reservists who served in Op Telic 1 in Al Qurnah, 3 US Marines, a Danish Army Medic, and an Author who was embedded with US troops in Mosul in 2005, and spent a month with British troops in Afghanistan this year.

[​IMG]
    Gozar and F-troop with one of their IA buddies. In the early months of their deployment, Iraqi army recruits were training in the building next to their barracks. They got to know alot of them pretty well. Gozar's experience with them was mixed. He said that overall, he came to respect them as allies, as soldiers, as patriots and as men. However, there were some that he didn't think very highly of.
    [​IMG]
    Gozar and one of the kids. They were the highlight of his company's tour of Iraq. The guys developed an amusing sibling-like relationship with the kids on their patrol route. Both the kids and soldiers knew each others names.
    [​IMG]
    Overwatch. Not long after the photo was taken, a burst of fire hit above them.
    [​IMG]
    I just like the detail of this photo.
    [​IMG]
    Tough guys

2. If anyone has any comments for the Chief, could they keep them reasonably productive - it's still ARRSE after all! :D

Chief - I like the last one - surprising how much space they've got in the fighting compartment!

3. Thanks Darth. I'll probably update this tomorrow, but I have to turn in for the night.

4. All right here's some more. These are some of the others Gozar gave me. Also, he kept a blog during his deployment http://gozarthetraveler.blogspot.com/ . It has some other photos (they're all low-res though). I'll post some other pics after I contact the other photographers.

[​IMG]
    Check out this little kids front pocket
    [​IMG]
    Gozar's gunner "Freakshow", the team's youngest member (19 yrs)
    [​IMG]
    Playing with the kids. The kid's name is Rafudi. I'm not sure which member of F-Troops it is (It's either Dingo, or El T)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The Camp Anaconda Civil Affairs team gave them these backpacks and school supplies to kids. Gozar begged Rafudi (The kid on the far left) to start going to school, with little luck.
    [​IMG]
    Gozar the sniper
    [​IMG]
    Oregon National Guard, Fox 82nd Cav
    [​IMG]
    A highres version of a photo I put in the gallery. This is Gozar's buddy Dingo.
    [​IMG]
    Gozar with the kids. This was last time outside the wire. He and his LT took the Humvee out one last time to say goodbye.
    [​IMG]
    Nicoma, the sweetest little girl in the entire country

5. We do have a gallery you know, Chief.

........fade to 'Take Heart and now the Gallery music'........ting te ting te tingggg.........

6. I know, but I didn't want to flood the gallery with septic pics. I thought the Multinational HQ would be a more appropriate place.

7. Fair one.

Youll be posting in the gallery next saying you dont want to clog the forums up....

8. Looks like the wombles have arrived. :alien:

9. Funny story about that photo. 75% of the foliage on his ghillie suit is actual folliage that got stuck to him while he was moving through the brush

10. They counted it all?

Rincewind

11. Your mate "Gonzo" has a good eye for a picture

12. Rough estimate. The idea is that he went out wearing a simple ghillie suit and came back looking like swamp thing.

13. These photos were taken last year by a Danish Medic I know. The last time I talked to him, he told me he was working at a hospital in Greenland. He has an online photo album with photos of ALL his travels and adventures here http://www.flickr.com/people/steenjeberg/

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. Please stop, young laddie. It's boring, you have no friends and you're not fooling anyone. If you're craving squaddie c0ck that badly, I would suggest that you take a trip down to Ft Bragg. I've heard that for a few hundred bucks they'll even throw in a video for you.