Photography as a hobby

For photographer read "semi respectable perv". :D

I don't do photography, but have a good eye for talent. If you branch out into Glamour photography i can vet your wannabe models for you free of charge. :D

the wife has volunteered for all the skin pics,

you can oil her up if you want, bring your own oil.

That foty of your wife B Mac, looks awfy like my ex-wife. Has she had her teeth redone - they look fab tbh!!!

Good luck with the hobby mate - it's on my "to do list" :D

p.s. sorry for the typical arrse response, but it is arrse innit - good luck anyway. Will watch your posts and see how you get on.

All the best.

Sparky.

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
very nice - what are you using?

and before any smart*rses say 'a camera', what make and model of camera? :D

Cheers Sparky, the teeth cost an arm and a leg, not mine but the next door neighbours.

Thanks for the comments on the pics, I am using a Canon 400D and an awful lot of photoshop.

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
nice... I went Nikon when I bought my DSLR. you have a pm.

I take a fair few photo's through work as a springer spaniel rescue co-ordinator, from that I've branched out in to mainly pet portraits, I went for a Sony DSLR just to stand out from the Canikon crowd :lol:

You have some nice images there, I'd be well chuffed if I'd taken them :wink:

Good luck with the hobby, maybe it will lead down a road you would never have thought of.

Might pop back later and take the piss in true Arrse style :lol:

great images....our styles are vastly different!!!

My favourite that I have taken recently as part of a course that I am doing...subject was food

Cant say too much as she is a arrser!

bomb_mac said:
Cheers Sparky, the teeth cost an arm and a leg, not mine but the next door neighbours.

Thanks for the comments on the pics, I am using a Canon 400D and an awful lot of photoshop.
and my choice of weapon as well!

Just the way I like my eggs Trelawney, maybe a little bit of brown sauce, I love the 400d but still have a lot to learn about it.
Do you have a blog or website for your images?

Contrarian said:
bomb_mac said:
Started up in photography as a hobby, are there any other arrseographers out there?

A link to my blog

http://bombmac.blogspot.com/
Nice work there, Mac.

Have you read Langford's Basic Photography? It will take you to the next level, it's that good (if heavy going at times):

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/0240520351/?tag=armrumser-21
Cheers Contrarian, I'll check it out.
I must admit I have really caught the bug, it is such a great hobby and keeps me off the sauce. I'm also lucky to live in such a lovely part of the country.

bomb_mac said:
Just the way I like my eggs Trelawney, maybe a little bit of brown sauce, I love the 400d but still have a lot to learn about it.
No but I do put them on world photogarphy forum where you get great advice and help.

http://www.worldphotographyforum.com/index.php

My gallery is mike7358

trelawney said:
bomb_mac said:
No but I do put them on world photogarphy forum where you get great advice and help.

http://www.worldphotographyforum.com/index.php

My gallery is mike7358
Some lovely images there, I especially like the Cloisters which looks like it would have been a difficult one to capture.

Thanks...wide angle 10-28mm low end. The EXIF info on WPF will show all of the settings. I had to PS a guy out on the right had side. My boss who is also a really keen photo person (nigelg on WPF) reckons it was not straight!

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
I wave my gentialia in the general direction of your canons and sonys... Nikon for teh win!! ;)

Meh, nothing compares to Canon 'L' lens optics.

Very nice shots btw, maybe rely a little less on the Photoshop? You naturally frame the shots very well, but the dangers of the "saturate" tool with photoshop mean you could unintentionally overload the photo with color. Just my tuppence worth.