Photography as a hobby

Discussion in 'Photography' started by bomb_mac, May 2, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. For photographer read "semi respectable perv". :D

I don't do photography, but have a good eye for talent. If you branch out into Glamour photography i can vet your wannabe models for you free of charge. :D

2. the wife has volunteered for all the skin pics,

you can oil her up if you want, bring your own oil.

[​IMG]

3. That foty of your wife B Mac, looks awfy like my ex-wife. Has she had her teeth redone - they look fab tbh!!!

Good luck with the hobby mate - it's on my "to do list" :D

p.s. sorry for the typical arrse response, but it is arrse innit - good luck anyway. Will watch your posts and see how you get on.

All the best.

Sparky.

4. Nice pics, digi or film?

5. Agreed. Excellent pics Bomb :D

6. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

very nice - what are you using?

and before any smart*rses say 'a camera', what make and model of camera? :D

7. Cheers Sparky, the teeth cost an arm and a leg, not mine but the next door neighbours.

Thanks for the comments on the pics, I am using a Canon 400D and an awful lot of photoshop.

8. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

nice... I went Nikon when I bought my DSLR. you have a pm.

9. I take a fair few photo's through work as a springer spaniel rescue co-ordinator, from that I've branched out in to mainly pet portraits, I went for a Sony DSLR just to stand out from the Canikon crowd :lol:

You have some nice images there, I'd be well chuffed if I'd taken them :wink:

Good luck with the hobby, maybe it will lead down a road you would never have thought of.

Might pop back later and take the piss in true Arrse style :lol:

10. great images....our styles are vastly different!!!

My favourite that I have taken recently as part of a course that I am doing...subject was food

[​IMG]

Cant say too much as she is a arrser!

11. and my choice of weapon as well!

12. Just the way I like my eggs Trelawney, maybe a little bit of brown sauce, I love the 400d but still have a lot to learn about it.
    Do you have a blog or website for your images?

13. Cheers Contrarian, I'll check it out.
    I must admit I have really caught the bug, it is such a great hobby and keeps me off the sauce. I'm also lucky to live in such a lovely part of the country.