Photography, art and graffiti of War

Discussion in 'Photography' started by IngeB, Aug 6, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Dear all,

I would like to ask a moment of your time for a project called Graffiti of War.

Our goal is to share the art from the veterans and service members that have served in the past or currently serve with the world. This art can be just about anything, from the scribbles in the portajohns to impressive paintings on blastwalls downrange, to military tattoos, to art made at home once returned from combat.

We are creating a book with all the pictures of "art" from downrange and will exhibit those together with the art made at home by veterans and service members in our upcoming gallery shows.

This project is started in the USA, but we all know that the Americans are not the only ones that have served. Therefore it is my goal to include the work from those residing in other countries as well. Our project would not be complete without it!!

The proceeds of our project will go back to organisations that help veterans and service members. It's their art so it's only fair to give back in some way. In the UK the proceeds will go to Blesma and I'm currently getting in touch with Combat stress.

This is a short message for now, but if you would like to know more you can visit The Graffiti of War Project - Home, Unconventional Military Art - Media/News/Publishing - Clarksburg, WV | Facebook or email me inge@graffitiofwar.com. I will gladly answer any questions you might have!

I hope to see some extra British art soon!!!

Inge