Photographers

Ever heard of Army photographers. I met one the other day swanning around. Their task is simple, arrival on wet days via warm lanny, take a few snaps (after re arranging the entire exercise) leave back to hotel and never give anybody their pictures. :idea:

You mean to say you would object if you were offered the job, I know I wouldn't, having said that anything trickier than a squaddimatic point and shoot is beyond me

isnt there a minimum weight limit for the majority of LSNs within this cadre?

SD

Is it possible to have someone with less soldiering skills than the movers???? Except of course for the RAF.

PS Any chance of any more pictures of the flame haired wonder :) ????

Enlightened_One said:
Is it possible to have someone with less soldiering skills than the movers???? Except of course for the RAF.
Yep, Photographers! :lol:

Enlightened_One said:
PS Any chance of any more pictures of the flame haired wonder ????
If you can find a photographer, send him to me and I'll willingly oblige :twisted: Any particular requests????

SnapDragon said:
Enlightened_One said:
Yep, Photographers! lol

Enlightened_One said:
PS Any chance of any more pictures of the flame haired wonder ????
If you can find a photographer, send him to me and I'll willingly oblige twisted Any particular requests????
A few spring to mind but as this is a gossip site and not the NAAFI i'll keep my playful thoughts to myself. If you really want to discuss them we can move to the NAAFI if you like :)

On this thread though i did meet a Phot guy in the Falklands who made a nice sideline in 'Glamour' shots for a lot of the ladies. He did very good work too :) Lucky bugger

Nice Army Photographer lance-jack took some "Conqueror of Bosnia" posed pictures for me, which cost me a fortune when I came home on R&R because he had them published in Soldier. Great phots though, Mrs Cuddles' gay PA used to cream over them! I always wanted to be gay icon...As opposed to being gay and an icon...

Also he took some great snaps of "a rainbow over Jajce", which grace the wall of my Walt-lair a.k.a The cuddles Cave.

Cuddles said:
Nice Army Photographer lance-jack took some "Conqueror of Bosnia" posed pictures for me, which cost me a fortune when I came home on R&R because he had them published in Soldier. Great phots though, Mrs Cuddles' gay PA used to cream over them! I always wanted to be gay icon...As opposed to being gay and an icon...

Also he took some great snaps of "a rainbow over Jajce", which grace the wall of my Walt-lair a.k.a The cuddles Cave.
Slightly concerened over the use of the word 'nice' to discribe a man old chap. Hope one isn't putting from the rough with the PA :) Ha ha , only joking

I find that army photographers are on the whole not as bad as the crab ones.

When we were in Cyprus, a mate of mine took a wedding picture down to the crabs, who we did a lot of work with and were pretty friendly with (so we thought) to see if he could get a copy made.

The Crab phot pulled out his "RAF Trade Union Red Card" and explained in the manner of a true geekazoid, that the original photographs were taken by a member of the photographers union or some such shite, and that he could not possibly make a copy as it would be violating the photgraphers code!

Bloody hell, with friends like that, who needs enemies, my mate was just asking for one of those military favours, but not to be in this case!

Army ones will normally help you out in these circumstances!

Cuddles said:
Nice Army Photographer lance-jack took some "Conqueror of Bosnia" posed pictures for me, which cost me a fortune when I came home on R&R because he had them published in Soldier. quote]

not a real army phot, they only come in full screw and above flavours.

could be a TA someone or a 'unit phot', speak nicely to a trade phot and you get the pix for free on a CD!

with the old 'you scratch my back etc....' 8O

Don't think that some of them have only ever been photographers.

Not all of them are hats, and most of them have been around a bit,
especially the ones that have transferred over to be civvies.

Some of the mobile news teams operate at the lower end of, and sometime well below, the T+S threshold, to allow them to cover more stories for their limited budget.

I say all credit to these blokes, who can also be relied on for excellent local knowlege wherever they are forced to work.

< South Beach Miami on $10 a day!!>

Its really stupid question time .What corp are Army photographers in ? The photographers i have always come across have been Matelots or Crabfats .

The Army has 42 photographers, 50% work for SF related jobs the others PR all over the world. They have no officers as its NCOs only. Majority of post are one man band jobs, so he/she make the call on any given task.
So who are they?

The trade of photographer used to be RAOC They generally got shoved back to the staff clerk CEG for promotion. I assume they are now RLC