Photocard Licence Expires-Another Stelth Tax

Discussion in 'Cars, Bikes 'n AFVs' started by Worzel, Sep 11, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. If you have a photocard licence it expires after ten years and you have to pay £17.50 to renew it.
    LINK
    :x :x

If your driving the bus make sure your licence is in date 8)

2. £17.50 every 10 years-what's the big fuss?

It's no different to having to fork out for a passport renewal or a railcard renewal.

3. Is there a night bus to Outrage tonight?

4. the outrage bus is vor due to the driver having to take leave and the arrse mt department having no drivers spare, sorry

5. More like his licence has expired

6. And he didn't have any money to renew it due to PAYD and him going on the piss at the beginning of the month.

7. I could understand it if it were linked to a test - to bring drivers up to date with newer legislation - but it's merely a fund-raiser, increasing the number of final-salaried-pensioned, taxpayer-funded, hold-the-country-to-ransom jobsworths needed to keep up with the increasing number of drivers.

I'll stick to my genuine, clean, valid-for->52-years-from-the-date-of-issue paper licence, thanks. Which, incidentally, allows me to drive more classes of vehicle than if I were to swap it for a plastic one.

Swap it for a modern one? Lose entitlement to drive exciting things like steamrollers (or tanks, solo, with L-plates)? Have to renew every 10 years? And pay for the priviledge? I think not.

It just needs laminating (the sellotape doesn't stick any more), but a folded laminated licence won't fit in my wallet.

8. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

It also costs to have expired points to be removed from your licence. It is, however, free to change your address details - and any other changes required (points removal, etc) will also happen if you request them when you send your licence off for the address change.

So, if you are expecting a renewal or need points removed - plan around your next posting date! If this is irrelevant to you - cough up, you civvie turd.

9. What's points?

Desperately seeking wood. Bloody modern plastic society! Does MDF count?

10. There is a backup outrage charabanc; I'll just get her cranked up.

11. HOLD IT!!!! You're not Fammed. If you were, you'd realise that it hasn't got seatbelts, so can't be issued.

PS The left indicator has an intermittent fault. It goes on, off, on, off, on....