Photo help please

Can anyone please explain how I can send a photo that is in a file on my computer in a PM.
I am thick as two short planks and cannot work out how to do it.

Can anyone please explain how I can send a photo that is in a file on my computer in a PM.
I am thick as two short planks and cannot work out how to do it.
I`ve just had a look and the only way I could find to do it was to embed a photo from your own Media file.
It didn`t used to be like that I agree.
Perhaps raise it as a site issue?

I`ve just had a look and the only way I could find to do it was to embed a photo from your own Media file.
It didn`t used to be like that I agree.
Perhaps raise it as a site issue?
That is a problem, I don't have a media file, and you are right, it could be done easily, once upon a time.

That is a problem, I don't have a media file, and you are right, it could be done easily, once upon a time.
Did you get the photo I sent you? If you don`t want your photos to be viewable globaly then you can set the privacy for you only and then embed it into a PM by the look of it.

Did you get the photo I sent you? If you don`t want your photos to be viewable globaly then you can set the privacy for you only and then embed it into a PM by the look of it.
Sorry but no. It just came up Oops a problem you do not have permission to view this file.

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
Upload your photo to, for example One Drive (other cloud services are available). Click Share, copy a random generated link into the PM. Recipient clicks the link, views the photo.

FrosteeMARIA

LE
Gallery Guru
You can add an image to "Your Media" in the Gallery and change the privacy settings (hover in left corner of thumbnail image for check box to appear, then check "select for moderation") so that only you and another registered member (or a selection of your choice) can view - then you can embed same image into a PM.

You can add an image to "Your Media" in the Gallery and change the privacy settings (hover in left corner of thumbnail image for check box to appear, then check "select for moderation") so that only you and another registered member (or a selection of your choice) can view - then you can embed same image into a PM.
Thank you, I have done that and I get a thumbnail, but when I hover on it nothing drops down.

FrosteeMARIA

LE
Gallery Guru
Thank you, I have done that and I get a thumbnail, but when I hover on it nothing drops down.
Should look like this....and the correct options come up when viewing via "YOUR ALBUMS" not media as previously stated (my error!)

TEST.jpg

Last edited:

FrosteeMARIA

LE
Gallery Guru
I am obviously thick because when I check select the box only comes up with 2 options,
1 Move media items
or
2 Deselect all.

I may just have to commit sideways.
Double check you are in "your albums" and not "your media" - the privacy settings only apply to albums, and not individual images.

FrosteeMARIA

LE
Gallery Guru
I think you may have uploaded an image and not created an album for it (which seems daft not to be the default setting) so you won't have the privacy option appear

I think you may have uploaded an image and not created an album for it (which seems daft not to be the default setting) so you won't have the privacy option appear
I do believe you are right, can I delete the photo uploaded so I can start again?

FrosteeMARIA

LE
Gallery Guru
Yes, you should also have the option to delete. I can see the privacy settings are set to you only, so if you want to share an image with another user via PM, you will need to add them as a viewer of the folder;
Album Privacy.jpg

FrosteeMARIA

LE
Gallery Guru
You are very welcome - got there in the end! It's not the easiest user interface to navigate....

Just trying to upload photo to a thread and keep getting the Oops we ran into a problem message. Initially I thought it was because I was on MODNet but having tried from both my home pc and phone and got the same message I am now running out of options.

Latest Threads