Phone signal at Gib barracks

hi guys, ive finished ph 1 an due to start ph 2 in january, ive bought a vodafone contract iphone just before i passed out of pirbright an the 3g signal there was awful, let me guess, gib barracks is even wore for phone signal?? can anyone tell me how bad vodafone 3g an normal phone signal is there...?... :soldier:

hi guys, ive finished ph 1 an due to start ph 2 in january, ive bought a vodafone contract iphone just before i passed out of pirbright an the 3g signal there was awful, let me guess, gib barracks is even wore for phone signal?? can anyone tell me how bad vodafone 3g an normal phone signal is there...?... :soldier:
It's good if you stand in the middle of the footbridge over to minley manor. Be sure to take your beret off and lean nonchalantly against the railings with a fag in your mouth. That way passing motorists and anyone using the bridge will see you're busy and leave you alone.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

Dime bar.................

Vodafone is probably the best network to use there to be fair but you will be running piano and bridges far too often to have time to use your phone.

Sent from my secret underground bunker awaiting the mayan apocalypse using ARRSE mobile app

Maybe the DS at Gib have gone soft, but this lad is just crying out for his trg party to be afforded some extra "attention" in January.

Hopefully the OP will have more on his plate than mobile phone signal worries.

See. That's why I'm glad I'm not in the Army anymore. It just gets tougher and tougher.

Afghanistan I could hack. But having to complete Phase 1 & 2 with a shit mobile signal?

We should petition. Or start a new charity.

Surely there is ample time to queue at the phone boxes outside the guardroom nervously waiting for a bored RP Cpl to come along and jail you or give you a couple of hours of quick change parades. Please someone reassure me that the phones are still there and this fine tradition remains :)

See. That's why I'm glad I'm not in the Army anymore. It just gets tougher and tougher.

Afghanistan I could hack. But having to complete Phase 1 & 2 with a shit mobile signal?

We should petition. Or start a new charity.
I might set up a petition on that you.gov thing.

If I gave a shit.

Exactly, **** the Phase 2 training and onward career...............................................it's all about getting a mobile signal !

Edited to add; "**** my old boots"

Christ on a bike. I hardly phoned home once a month! It got even worse once out in Germany.
WTF Is this desire to be bound to your phone these days?

You have time to use a phone at Gib ? **** me, times have changed...

Its gonna be a shame when signal or not his phone wont work...mainly due to hearing the words 'get your ******* head wet you ****'...'not like that, feet first' down at hawley hard

Sent from my secret underground bunker awaiting the mayan apocalypse using ARRSE mobile app

Surely there is ample time to queue at the phone boxes outside the guardroom nervously waiting for a bored RP Cpl to come along and jail you or give you a couple of hours of quick change parades. Please someone reassure me that the phones are still there and this fine tradition remains :)
Surely the phones are still outside the Guardroom?
With the queue only marginally shorter than those parading behind the Guard.

What would be the joy in ringing from your pit anyway?

Correct me if I'm wrong but my experience of trade training had two aspects

1. By day, do whatever the instructing staff tell you to do and avoid ******* up at all costs lest you become some sadist's beasting bitch and hope the whole experience doesn't drive you to self-harming.

2. Spend every available other moment down the local pubs and cattle market trying to tap off with impressionable females looking for a means of escaping from under the roofs of their parents or getting sufficiently drunk enough to momentarily forget aspect 1 above.

Phoning home was a chore/inconvenience to be avoided at all costs, only done when something called guilt came to visit and done discretely to avoid accusations of still being latched on to your mothers left one.

For the benefit of every one else, this link Sitefinder Mobile Phone Base Station Database

will tell you whose mast is closest to your postcode although it won't necessarily guide you on how good the signal is, especially if the base station antenna is pointing in the opposite direction. But at least it will tell you who the absolute no-hoper options are. (Normally 3 who are absolute Jodrell)

Best of luck in your efforts down Jaxx/The Emporium/The Arthur in Fleet. If the targets of your pathetic patter are anything like my oldest, then be prepared for an extensive repertoire of how to tell a wannabe sapper to '**** off and leave me alone you sad twat' in phraseology be-fitting such hideously middle-class enclave.