Phone signal at Gib barracks

Discussion in 'Sappers' started by choco2607, Dec 18, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. hi guys, ive finished ph 1 an due to start ph 2 in january, ive bought a vodafone contract iphone just before i passed out of pirbright an the 3g signal there was awful, let me guess, gib barracks is even wore for phone signal?? can anyone tell me how bad vodafone 3g an normal phone signal is there...?... :soldier:

2. Seriously??

3. I think from the spelling sapper choco2607 has been hammering walls with his head.

4. It's good if you stand in the middle of the footbridge over to minley manor. Be sure to take your beret off and lean nonchalantly against the railings with a fag in your mouth. That way passing motorists and anyone using the bridge will see you're busy and leave you alone.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

• Like Like x 2
  5. I now understand why the sign by the road says "slow troops crossing"

• Like Like x 3
  6. Dime bar.................

7. Vodafone is probably the best network to use there to be fair but you will be running piano and bridges far too often to have time to use your phone.

Sent from my secret underground bunker awaiting the mayan apocalypse using ARRSE mobile app

8. Thank goodness my Google works. https://www.vodafone.co.uk/our-network-and-coverage/uk-coverage-map/index.htm

9. X59

X59 LE

Maybe the DS at Gib have gone soft, but this lad is just crying out for his trg party to be afforded some extra "attention" in January.

Hopefully the OP will have more on his plate than mobile phone signal worries.

10. See. That's why I'm glad I'm not in the Army anymore. It just gets tougher and tougher.

Afghanistan I could hack. But having to complete Phase 1 & 2 with a shit mobile signal?

We should petition. Or start a new charity.

• Like Like x 4
  11. Surely there is ample time to queue at the phone boxes outside the guardroom nervously waiting for a bored RP Cpl to come along and jail you or give you a couple of hours of quick change parades. Please someone reassure me that the phones are still there and this fine tradition remains :)

• Like Like x 3
  12. I might set up a petition on that you.gov thing.

If I gave a shit.

13. Exactly, **** the Phase 2 training and onward career...............................................it's all about getting a mobile signal !

Edited to add; "**** my old boots"

14. I couldn't get any mobile signal when I was there either.

Attached Files:

15. Christ on a bike. I hardly phoned home once a month! It got even worse once out in Germany.
    WTF Is this desire to be bound to your phone these days?