Phone etiquette and not celebrating the colourfulness of the English language.

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Swamp_Rat, Feb 7, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Maybe it's a sign of the times, I dunno...

Whereupon frequently-used phrases of politicians have trickled down to the lingo of common men like day-old seminal fluid dribbling from a reamed-out sphincter...

Is it just me or does "Well I'll let you go now then..." grip your shit too?

What ever happened to allowing the conversation to reach a logical conclusion and both parties happy to part in friendly retort similar to "Okay well that's about all for now then, you can fuck off and die now you cock gobbling whinnet".

What the fuck are they teaching kids these days? Certainly not celebrating the colourfulness of the English language available to them, I'd say!

2. If that grips your shit how about: "can i reach out to you "

• Like Like x 2
  3. If it was your boss on the phone, you've just been sacked, I'm afraid.

• Like Like x 1
  4. It's well known that this phrase is used to get rid of bumbling stuttering mongs who don't know when the conversation has reached a logical conclusion, and for some unknown reason feel the urge to keep talking shite thereby only leaving the other person (whoever you are talking to by the sounds of it) to say those magical words so you'll take the fucking hint and finally put down the phone.

• Like Like x 1
  5. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Lets gain closure and move on, shall we?

• Like Like x 1
  6. sirbhp

sirbhp LE Book Reviewer

no, you hang up first..kiss kiss kiss

• Like Like x 4
  7. the old 'does your phone do this?' trick is still a good one.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Thanks for sharing that with us...

9. Your opinions are appreciated.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Linford Christie's cock after you've stabbed him for putting his cock in your hand.

• Like Like x 7
  11. CountryGal

CountryGal LE Book Reviewer

You should text more - then you can just not bother replying when you've had enough :)

• Like Like x 1
  12. How long does a phone conversation take, FFS? If you're still dripping all over it after a minute you're a screaming hermer.

• Like Like x 1
  13. What grips my shit is, "We think you have been mis-sold.......", terminates the call immediately.

14. People who leave long messages and then rattle their phone number off at a hundred miles an hour so you have to listen to all the waffle again should be cut into small pieces.

And burnt.

• Like Like x 4
  15. A logical conclusion = can take no more of his inane giberish. I'm guessing.