Phoenix this weekend

Discussion in 'Shooting, Hunting and Fishing' started by Mongo, May 30, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Mongo

Mongo LE Reviewer

Are any fellow ARRSErs going? I'll be there on the Saturday mid morning until early afternoon. I'll be taking the credit card which is probably a bad idea!

For those that are wondering, it's an arms fair (why I'm going) and a shooting competition held at Bisley.

2. I was hoping to go as I have just got a variation through and those slots need filling, however one of the dogs is going in for an operation in the morning (toe removal due to arguing with my terrier) which has put a slight dent in plans.

Looking for K98, something in .223/5.56, semiauto .22 and target .22, oh yes and some glass.

Phoenix was mainly to be an opportunity to try stuff before deciding what to go for.

3. I shall be on the HBSA stand on Saturday morning from about 9.00.

Also hoping to get some powder and bullets.

4. I hope you have a great time. I'm all bought out and my county won't let me have any more guns of any kind - if I want another one, I have to get rid of one that I already have.

Like you, I don't have a single gun I don't want, nor am I prepared to part with any of them.

By jeez, I hate this place.

tac
    gunboards.com
    sigforum.com
    canadiangunnutz.com
    muzzleloadingforum.com
    whitesmoke.za.com
    northwestfirearms.com
    swissrifles.com
    vcrai.com
    boards.ie
    etc

tac, stuck.

5. Yep...going down today and tomorrow. Mate of mine is ROing the running deer...big South African ****** with a power complex

6. Mongo

Mongo LE Reviewer

Jim diGriz, check PMs!

7. Going Sunday for wander around, anything worth looking at?

8. Mongo

Mongo LE Reviewer

It depends what you're interested in! The long marquee outside has some good stuff inside, including Desert Tactical Arms at the back with some very shiny bits of kit!

The long room inside the pavilion also has a lot and there is a fair bit dotted around in between.

I managed to come away only getting some powder and a powder dispenser.

I was after a K31 but nothing jumped out!

9. I do have a spare 7.62 slot, not sure if I can justify something from Desert Tactical Arms as much as I'd like to...

10. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

No pictures?

11. When buying your K31, or any of the other vintage Swiss long-arms that are permitted in here, consider that there is, right now, no GP11 in the country.

I guess that folks began making their own - like I did - after the horrendous price-hike a couple of years ago followed by the increase in VAT.

I'm going to belabouring RUAG to import some of the stuff that those poor Swiss don't get around to shooting at the Feldschiessen this year.

tac
    swissrifles.com

12. What about Prvi Partisan tac?

13. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

I hope they make a better effort than INDEP did with the first batch of 7.5 French, overweight and underpowered meaning sights at 400 to print at 100!