Philippines angry at Enfield show

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Biped, Oct 7, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

I'm outraged I am!

The Philipino gobment has registered a formal protest at Harry Enfield for trying to get his pet northen dog to mount a Filipino maid during one of their shows.

I don't see the problem. Everyone knows that Northerners can't breed with humans! :D

BBC linky

Here's the footage
  2. The sketch was obviously taking the pish out of upper middle-class urbanites treating the rest of us with contempt and, as such, is sympathetic to the maid. But hey ho, the 'R WORD' has been deployed so none of that matters...
  3. I see it as a surrealist comment on the dichotomy, nay paradigm of socially inverted discordance. What say you chaps? :wink:
  4. I say you lure children to your gingerbread house...
  5. Bloody Fillipinos, if they aren't dressing up in the oppsosite sexes clothes or cleaning the floors of hospitals they're complaining about stereotypes. The flaming cheek.
  6. Me, the thirteenth Duke of Wimbourne. With myyyy reputation? Have you been spying on me you rascal?
  7. That sketch was the only one that made me laugh during the show.
  8. She wasn't even very good looking
  9. If, perhaps, they didn't actively tolerate the sex industry in so many parts of their country, people might not be so quick to stereotype Filipino women as prostitutes.

Did he come on her tits?
  10. And what exactly do the Phillipines stand proudly behind as being their great contribution to mankind?

11. Singing other peoples songs.
  12. Imelda's shoe collection?

Being 3rd most Catholic nation on earth?

The ability to take offence and not appreciate satire? (see above)

Awesome reconstruction skills post typhoons?

Enlighten us :)
  13. I'm more outraged my licence fee was used to pay for the series, it was fecking Shite ( from the bits I saw changing chanels).
  14. But she was under 15 stone. Everyone knows it takes a fat bird in clothes three sizes too small, pished on wife beater and swamping in the street whilst tampng down the cheese and chips to turn a proper northener on.

God I miss home.