Phil Shiner - Karma is a wonderful thing

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Chodmeister, Mar 1, 2015.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Possibly borrowed it off her dad? Maybe he had, or was just about to have more or less the right amount lying around?

• Show again braincell Show again braincell x 1
  2. :(

I thought you were about to post 'he's strung himself up.'

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. I believe that while Dad was a Professor of Law at Middlesex Poly - sorry , University - she was just a lowly law lecturer at the same establishment.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Sure it has all been very carefully considered. Not something to be got wrong, especially in "high profile" cases

A Bankruptcy Offence is a Criminal Offence carrying a fine (yes that will really work!) and/or up to seven years imprisonment

5. If Shiner's knowingly tried to dispose of assets prior to his bankruptcy (see my earlier post), the property could be taken back by the Insolvency Service, and his daughters would be out of pocket and have to sue him for the money.

• Like Like x 7
    • Informative Informative x 3
  6. Helm

Helm LE Book Reviewer

Wouldn't that be hilariously apt?

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 3
  7. I'm sure the official receivers would be most interested to learn of your observations....

8. Helm

Helm LE Book Reviewer

Pretty sure they will have rather more qualified chaps than me to decide. There will be official records of my visit, I am sure if they want me I will be notified.

9. Taken from the PIL website; which is no longer accessible for some strange reason.

"Bethany is a Solicitor at Public Interest Lawyers and will qualified at the end of September 2015.
    She initially studied Art and Psychology in her undergraduate degree, obtaining a First Class from the University of Liverpool. Bethany then worked as an intern at REDRESS, the NGO for torture survivors.

She completed a Masters degree at Goldsmiths University in Art and Politics. As part of the course Bethany and a fellow student travelled to Iraqi Kurdistan to meet Iraqi Kurdish artists. Whilst studying at Goldsmiths, Bethany began visiting women detained at Yarl’s Wood Immigration Detention Centre. As well as offering emotional and practical support, visitors also helped women access legal representation and campaigned for their release. This experience informed her dissertation at Goldsmiths, for which she received a distinction. After graduating she began working as a paralegal on the PIL trips to Istanbul and Beirut as part of the Al-Sweady Inquiry and IHAT."

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  10. From your link.....

Serious and Organised could suggest conspiracy.... Notice the s on enablers.

They have more than Shiner in their sights..

• Like Like x 2
  11. Oh scuse me, I'm chuckling. That'll be a first, sounds like the knives are out rather than any real care for the public good.

12. Presumably she's unemployed now with a very bad CV?

I remember Danny Boy it was in neither Istanbul or Beirut why did she go there

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.