Phil Collins - please don't make another record

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
More than 2,000 people sign petition to stop Phil Collins from returning to music | NME.COM

'Phil Collins' planned return to music has been protested by some fans, with a petition launched to 'stop' him coming out of retirement.

The former Genesis drummer recently announced that "no longer officially retired", telling Rolling Stone that he is working on a solo album ahead of a comeback tour.

The petition – titled 'Phil Collins must be stopped' – has been set up by Brian Pee from New York, who writes in the petition: "Phil Collins has announced he is 'no longer in retirement'. There is far too much suffering in the world as it is. This must be stopped." '

bit harsh I'd have said...I quite like a bit of the post-Gabriel Genesis back catalogue...

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
You are better off with the "Its only an excuse", spoof of the Cadbury spoof -

When he’s standing in front of an appreciative audience of thousands or checking his bank balance (the one swollen by millions of people buying his music) I bet he’s really pissed off that that some people with web connections aren’t fans of his. The cheeky little slap head.

I can take him or leave him (his wives prefer the latter) but no-one’s holding a gun to anyone’s head and demanding that they like or buy his stuff. I’m sure there are off buttons and he can be safely ignored and allowed to get on with it without anyone dying, but as usual in the UK we have to kick anyone who dares to be successful.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
When he’s standing in front of an appreciative audience of thousands or checking his bank balance (the one swollen by millions of people buying his music) I bet he’s really pissed off that that some people with web connections aren’t fans of his. The cheeky little slap head.

I can take him or leave him (his wives prefer the latter) but no-one’s holding a gun to anyone’s head and demanding that they like or buy his stuff. I’m sure there are off buttons and he can be safely ignored and allowed to get on with it without anyone dying, but as usual in the UK we have to kick anyone who dares to be successful.
I think you will find the petition emanated from the US of A!

I think you will find the petition emanated from the US of A!
A fair point, but there’s also similar rumblings in the UK. If he’s that bad no-one will turn up to see him, but my guess is that plenty will (but not me) and apart from adding to his already huge dosh pile he’ll employ a goodly number of UK musicians, technicians and others, all bringing income into the tax coffers.

The UK music industry is, rightly or wrongly, now one of the major exports of the UK. We may not build as many ships or cars any more but even if Collins is the Allegro of music I really don’t understand why people feel the need to jump on an anti-UK industry bandwagon. Don’t like his music, fine. Want exports and employment in highly skilled areas, head wobble time.

[Caveats: Not that any of this is aimed at you: you merely pointed something out. And, of course, as for taxes, well that’s what accountants are for, apparently…]

How any people have got drunk to his offerering mumbling the following. I loved you you Slag?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Latest Threads