Pheasant skinning - slight problem.

Discussion in 'Shooting, Hunting and Fishing' started by vvaannmmaann, Nov 18, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Having seen the method of laying the bird on it's back,standing on the wings and pulling the legs.I thought I'd try it.
    I got to the part when I was standing up,the stripped bird hanging in front of me.
    Sadly I hadn't realised that the thing was so badly shot,it literally fell apart.Blood guts snot and feathers all over the place...........

Just at that moment the MILF from across the road and her eight year old daughter came around to collect the Children in Need sponsorship money.

Oooops.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Brotherton Lad

Brotherton Lad LE Reviewer

Get the youngster to tidy up while you show the mother your stuffing.

3. My daughter (6 at the time) walked into the garage just as I was elbow deep in a deer guts.

I really should try ******* the wife instead!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Brotherton Lad

Brotherton Lad LE Reviewer

My kids weren't too chuffed when they came home from primary school to see me butchering a deer I'd hung on their garden swing.

• Like Like x 5
  5. By the time the girls were six they were helping me gralloch and butcher beasts. Start them young.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Brings to mind a picture I saw yesterday. It shows how to know if a Vermont driver has a DUI conviction.

VT-DUI.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  7. I'm not a pheasant plucker
    I'm a pheasnat plucker's son
    I'm sitting plucking pheasant 'til the pheasant plucker comes

8. Could you please say that 3 times and fast please!

9. Only with a pint of Aspall's Cyder in between

10. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Don't the chaps in the gun wagon take them away then one has pheasant that night? I am not sure if they are the same pheasants. I must ask cook.

• Like Like x 1

11. Liar

12. You just bury it in gravel for a month then everything just slips off and you have a properly ripe bird that will knock a Munster loving Frenchman dead at twenty feet.

13. OK you got me.Maybe the girl is seven.

14. Then you've failed as a father, they're clearly not frightened enough of you. All it should have taken was something like; 'Shut it, kids...*ominous leer*...or you're next!'