Pheasant feeder ideas.

I folks I am trying, belatedly, to get the feeders together for the up coming season. I/we need 10/12 feeders to supplement the ones we have already. I was thinking of the 30 ltr ones from these folks, with a spiral feeder.

Sycon Products Ltd

As I am fairly new to this sort of thing, is this a fair price?

Many thanks

Clayp1g

PM Ugly for info- he runs a shoot- or if you are in/near the New Forest go to the show at Brockenhurst, he's got a stand there this week

On our shoot we use 30ltr Chutney Barrels pilfered from the local Curry houses. We then drill a whole in the bottom to fit a spring feeder and then lash it to a tree or fix three 4x2, 3ft stakes in order for it to dispense.

Those chutney barrels are good but they attract ferrets...

Yes, that is my Barbour AND that's my quad-bike too. Tip top!

Percy_Pigeon

War Hero
Book Reviewer
If you’re feeding pellets

Get an empty bucket cut the bottom out of it and fit a fine (Ish) mesh. The hang so the birds have to peck up to release the pellets. Not only does this reduce waste it helps to reduce boredom/feather plucking etc.

Therese a couple of sites with examples I believe there’s a thread on this on Poultry Garden

Try MT park for suitable containers and then get spirals and fit them. Those AL11/39 plasic containers are handy aftera good rinse out.

ugly

LE
I have started using wright feeder attachments on my bins and good results too. I did buy 2 new ones this year delivered foc from Rudgewick Metals of Horsham, in the release pen with metal legs!

On our shoot we use 30ltr Chutney Barrels pilfered from the local Curry houses. We then drill a whole in the bottom to fit a spring feeder and then lash it to a tree or fix three 4x2, 3ft stakes in order for it to dispense.
Done that one. Thanks folks