Phase One Training

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by GeordieSteve, Jan 14, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Who reckons this is a going to be a good time to be finishing your Phase One training?

Personally, I am due to finish (providing I pass) late March.

Hoping I can progress quickly, but obviously with everything that is going on I fear that I'll just be bumbling along doing not a great deal.

Maybe I am too impatient.....

Keen as mustard though :D
  2. Any time is good to finish Phase 1.
    Unless things have dramatically changed, you need to be either a complete biff or a complete mong to fail basic. Some proper tards manage to get through it, so if you have 2 legs 2 arms and half a brain, you shouldn't have much to worry about.
    well get on and book your CIC / CMS(R) now then, rather than when you finish. The sooner you book it the sooner you'll get on one. Simples!
    The TA might not be for you then...

It'll wear off. Don't worry.
  3. CMS(R) - that is the two week thngy? I'm booked on that. Perbright in March!

Sorry, i'm now 'down' with the terminology yet. I'm sure that will come

pmsl @ the other answers :D
  4. As far as I can figure out, the terminology and even some hand signals are just local dialect. Once you accept that the WO1 next to you who is from a different unit has about as much clue as you do what some of it means, you'll be fine. If any terminology does come into common use, such as NBC or TSC(C) then it'll either be changed to ensure everyone remains confused or variations added (CSM, SSM, WSM) so that you're never quite sure which is which.