Phase One Pay

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by quitmy9to5, Sep 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all,

looking for an answer off someone who knows first hand.

During Phase one how much are we paid over the 14 weeks training?
    How often is it paid?
    When do we start to get paid?

If any one knows the specifics would be great, as in how much after our "army costs" and taxes have been taken out are recruits walking away with?

Thanks all,
  2. If they don't give you 14 weeks pay then leave!
  3. I joined 9 years ago and was getting just over 700 quid a month take home. I imagine it's gone up a bit since then. Good to know your main concern before joining is how much you're gonna get paid...!
  4. Brotherton Lad

Brotherton Lad LE Reviewer

5. my first pay was 18 shillings a week and you had to buy a yellow duster everyweek plus there were stoppages, it didn't leave much for the good life.
    you've probably guessed that wasn't last week,
    On a positive note I believe you get paid considerably more these days.
    I know this post is no help to you....but I've time on my hands and nothing to do.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Brotherton Lad

Brotherton Lad LE Reviewer

A yellow duster scam?
  7. Nowadays it's all negotiable, and don't forget there are bonuses and expenses on top, usually. It's kept in the Company safe for you, and you can ask for it pretty much whenever you want.

Best person to ask is usually the RSM, who is used to dealing with stuff like that, and can arrange small loans if you run short mid-month.

Stuff like yellow dusters, polish, soap, razors etc are supposed to be provided, so if they're not in your locker when you arrive you're being ripped off. Same again, speak to the RSM if this happens.
  8. wedge_cadman

wedge_cadman War Hero Reviewer Book Reviewer

As I reach over to pull up a sandbag to reminisce I recall it was £172 per month back when I had hair and the body of a racing snake.
    In answer to your question you get paid on the last working day of the month. The pay roll is submitted on or around the 15th (no doubt I'll be corrected). If you join after that date then you are likely to get 5/6 weeks pay in your pay packet on the following month.

Then again what would I know. Some pay type chap will be along shortly. :)
  9. q9to5, use the search function and read the stickies this is a common question.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.