Phase One, Pad Lock?

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by adzthedon, Feb 1, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. hey all, im due to start Phase 1 next week and have got all my bits and bobs today but not got a pad lock yet.

we are meant to take 2 however im not sure weather to get a combination lock or key lock.

i dont wanna lose my key so thought combi-lock would be better but unsure of requirements, any help would be much appreciated.

P.s it says if you have football boots and shin guards take them, but if you havent dont worry. I do have em but cant see myself playin much football? can anyone shed any light on this?

thanks ladies and gents.

2. what date u start, and wherE?

i been told i gotta bring 3 locks and a cobi lock... not got em yet either though

3. Ive bEEn told to bring 10 pad lox and a hockey stick( if I've got one). I don't have one, should I buy one?

4. The problem with cominations is that you can forget them, most decent padlocks come with about 3 keys now, 1 set for self, 1 set in DS office & 1 set to lose!

5. The football boots might come in handy on Wednesday afternoons.

As to the padlocks, it's up to you. If you do choose the combination locks, do not use your last four as the combination.

6. It really doesn't matter. Get sensible size locks though (not hugh beast that would be more suited to an outside gate, nor the tiny free padlocks that you get with laptop cases etc).

I personally would go for a combination lock and set it to part of a telephone number.

As for the footie boots, it really does depend on where you are going. Generally there is not much opportunity for football etc during the 14 weeks of CMS(R) but I cannot comment on ITC. (Wednesday 'sports afternoons' do not exist in the land of 'Halt Check One-Two!')

You DO NOT need to rush out an buy a set of boots and shin pads.

Finally where are you going to?

7. cheers people, mite settle for the combi lock, saves messin around wiv keys.

im goin lichfield on monday, mite take the football boots just incase but cant see me doin much footy. any ideas on anything else useful to take?