Phase 2 Training after Winchester

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by Lee21, Mar 29, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Does phase 2 training start directly after end of Phase 1 (after a few days leave)?

2. Why dont you ask your ADMIN sgt or even better ask when you go to your phase two visit or even better ask at a link meeting

3. Depends on individual circumstances. I had 10 days leave in between 1 and 2, other courses just had a long week end. You still get xmas, summer, easter leave though (if your lucky)..unlike me in training in xmas 99 when i was chosen for phase 2 guard duties. Because it was training, never got the leave back either...

4. It depends where you are going next. I was a phase 2 instructor for my corps and often when trainees arrived from phase 1 they were put into a holding platoon until the actual phase two course began. I knew of trainees who were in holding for 3-4 months, just milling around or doing sh*t jobs. Just wait out until you get there as the official answer can only be given by your phase two instructors.

5. Lee I believe you will have just over a week off, but as my other half passed out of rmp a different time of year it may be different. You should have a fair idea a few weeks before you pass out on Phase 1.

6. Because I'm very inquisitive and would like to know beforehand. Thought someone might have experience and would be able to tell me

7. Many thanks for the info

8. Are you RLC? Current system is to pass out then wait at Deepcut for as long as it takes for a place on a Phase 2 course to come up. No wonder the poor sods end up shooting themselves.

9. Are you RLC? Current system is to pass out then wait at Deepcut for as long as it takes for a place on a Phase 2 course to come up. No wonder the poor sods end up shooting themselves.

10. No, RMP

11. I'll be agreeing with RLC_DVR on this one, loads of us here have the experience of going from Phase 1 to their phase 2, but the way it went for them is bound to be different for you. Even once you are told by your Pl staff, details will probably change 3-4 times before you actually leave anyway.