Phase 2 - Keogh Barracks

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by fayemelissa, Feb 23, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey, I go to Pirbright in April (job - CMT)
    I can't seem to find any information on what Keogh Barracks is like. If anyone has been there, What is it like? Good camp? Lessons?

2. Good Camp, good instructors, shit curfew, surrounded by expensive drinking holes, accomodation is okay - 8 man rooms but quite alot of space.

3. Thanks!

4. Was there in 79 so I guess some of my info might be slightly out of date........ Is the Ashvale Hotel still there?

• Like Like x 1
  5. I am at keogh at the moment I am in a four man room with army I am RN. the first few weeks are english and maths then first aid at work. You will then do Module one, module two, a four week rotation before going on a six week placement to a hospital to get some medical experience. The fitter you are the easier you will find it as we have one tab a week with battle PT and stretcher runs thrown in. Then you will do circuits and two more sessions in your own time. Guildford or London are the best places to go drinking but are expensive. Concentrate on playing the game at pirbright and passing out of phase one first as that will be quite a challenge in itself.

6. Thankyou,this is the kind of reply i wanted to hear!

7. Ash Vale Hotel now gone I'm afraid, been redeveloped along with Fat-Arse Glenda too probably!

• Like Like x 1

8. MY GOD, she's been redeveloped ~ what a way to go out!

9. Its crap, out on a backwater so if you've no transport and end up getting stuck there its boring.
    Gym is closed from Friday dinner til Monday.

The headshed are a mixture of all 3 services and some are complete cocks.
    No alcohol on camp etc etc

Room I was in was tatty, they tried to bollock me for not vacuuming the floor on a block inspection when the vac they provide was a 1970's vintage thing.

Most of the instructors I had were crap, with the exception of the then PTI & Gurkha Sgts.

10. HAHA, sounds like you had a marvellous time!

11. If you want a drink then go to Potters up the Mytchett Place Road.