Phase 2 deepcut

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by poet, Mar 18, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Starting phase 2 at deepcut form monday any one know what its like there?

How diffrent is it from basic? any help be great
  2. In normal basic training you don't get shot in the head.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. What trade are you????
  4. Sub spec
  5. Could be there a while Deepcut you make of it what you will Im afraid
    From what I can gather its a round robin of reteaching Phase One lessons and stagging on with the odd Litter picking thrown in for good measure
    Dont think your career starts until you get to your first unit.
  6. Am there for 5 weeks so I make the best of it.

Is the accomadation going to be worse than basic?

7. Poet, petal, get a grip! :wink:
  8. Teehehehehee!

If anyone offers an instant "headache cure", refuse at once.
  9. "I survived Deepcut and all I got was this lousy T-shirt" ....pure comedy
  10. keep your head down. Those live fire exercises are hell !!

11. No you're not - you're going to be a supplier, which is the Sup Spec and Sup Con trade all rolled into one.
    Deepcut is like any other phase 2 training establishment some good things some bad, and you're more likely to get shot in Yorkshire to be fair; Deepcut just seems to have caught the public imagination rather than places with worse problems.

The accommodation is particularly shite, despite having thrown several Generals around it the blocks are still shagged. However, you're only in them for 5 weeks and those blocks are better than the tents/trenches/foxholes/sandy/freezing other types of places you'll end up serving in throughout your career.

There could be a bout of stagging on, but these days the gate guards are mostly MPGS or MoD GS. Deepcut is quite different these days probably in terms of ethos and also in ownership - it is not an RLC/(RAOC) owned Depot anymore and it is slowly getting better as resourcing is improved.

If you want any other info PM me.
  12. Deepcut - Moral = Blandford!
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Just make sure you keep your helmet on at all times, even in your sleep and you'll be fine.
  14. Troll!

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)
  15. Holy thread resurrection, Batman! Thr OP is probably a full screw by now!