Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

phase 1 -nerves!-

Your damn right I am shitting it, mine is less than two weeks away now. The only thing I am worrying about is PT and fitness. I've struggled with mine a lot. Oh and being beasted and sent to jail. And everything else. :D

It's natural to be scared, your doing something totally new and different and you KNOW that there's going to be unpleasantness coming ahead.

Concentrate on getting through the negatives by focusing on the positives. I.e. I'm going to get through the PT/beastings by repeatedly saying to myself "I'm going to learn how to drive a tank" and "I'm going to learn to fire a gun" which are the aspects I am going to enjoy.

Beyond popular belief, grammar and correct spelling is still used widely within the Army. i dnt fnk da rsm wd b vry hpy wiv txt tlk.

Looks like fucking Batco.

sweetsoutar said:
Hi, is anyone starting Phase 1 soon? Day one for me is 20th April at Pirbright and I was just wondering if I was the only one sh**ing their pants? :)

sweetsoutar said:
That is no way to talk toa young lady! I'm only asking a question! Sorry Mr. Confident, your going to be loved with that cocky attitude (not).

sweetsoutar said:
I'm more anxious than nervous! I will be fine once I'm there! I wish I had not posted anything now. lol

sweetsoutar said:
Haha scarletto said it how it is there! We'll see if your still not nervous when your troop thinks they can't trust you because your too cocky and can't work in a team!

sweetsoutar said:
PT is what I'm looking forward to most! It's not called training for nothing! Breaking into a sweat knowing your achieving something is what it's all about! :) Then when us girlies have had 3 extra weeks we can run past you lads, haha.

Or fracture your pelvis, because unfortunately you're not built to TAB.

sweetsoutar said:
Yeah, I'm as fit as I can be before training.

sweetsoutar said:
I don't know what a munter means. Lol. Maybe your a southener! If it means am I fit.. I wouldn't say I'm ugly, but who would??? :p

sweetsoutar said:
I really appreciate all of your advice! :)

You have every right to feel anxious, it is a daunting task that you have voluntariley applied for. I can give you no other advice other than say to keep an mind open and try to understand and accept what you have signed up for.

You will know within a week or two if it is for you or not....but however it turns out, try to make the most of the experience.

Good Luck!!

Trigz said:
UberSoldat said:
We all get nervous, even the potential recruits who think they are nails, I've been nervous about phase 1 since I filled out the application form :p embrace the experience and work damn hard!

I start in May, so, not long to go now

I'm starting May 26th pirbright, how about yourself Ubersoldat?

I start pirbright 26th of may too? I am going in as a joiner in the r.e. You?

johnboy

We all have nervous at mo, more me than any of you i bet. Starting 14th April, thats MONDAY.
But im going to enjoy the experience and do my best. The main thing for me is upper body strength aint fantastic. As for running im fit as a fiddle.
Good luck all of you hope to see you there when im part way through my phase 1. :D

Don't worry about being nervous. Once you get started you will be too busy !!

Enjoy it, as it is the start of the best thing you will ever do.

FatBoyGeorge, if you're going to correct people on their grammar, make sure you get it correct yourself ;).
Your = implying possession.
You're = joining up You and Are.

I know it's only a small correction, but if you're wanting to teach the lady, may as well teach correctly.

seriously there is nothing to be worried about you may get shouted at, given a few press ups and get beasted like a mother ****** on bayonet trg but take it on the chin and in 14 weeks from then you will pass out and it will be the proudest thing you do... trust me i passed out three weeks.

How much preperation did you do before your Phase 1? Did they break you in slowly on the PT side or was it full on "I think I'm going to ****ing die" from the start?

I'm more nervous about PT than anything, I've had a surge of work to do and my self-motivation has been less than outstanding at getting off my arrse after getting home and going for a run. Still I'm still running around my ADSC run time (10.45) and have gained a little upper body strength. Considering sacking the job and taking a few weeks off to get myself ready for the shock of Phase 1.

You've took your time hotshot85!- 'Joined: Sep 05'. Biding your time mate?

I'm in the same boat pal. Start Phase 1 in 5 days (CIC- Guards, Catterick) and since ADSC I've let my foot off the pedal big time...I'd be lucky if I got near my 10:28 ADSC run time to be honest. Done hardly any upper body and to make matters worse gained more weight by excessive drinking. Frankly I've just lost motivation (for fitness) and hate myself for it.

On the plus side I find it quite easy to get my run time back to a decent level, it's just my strength which is my main concern. I'm expecting a big time bollocking for it.

Still can't wait to get to Catterick though and hopefully have a good long career in the Irish Guards.

Good luck.