Phase 1 location

Dont forget to curl one down on the RSM's desk. Its standard practice in the Intel corporation....
Just make sure you write "Intel till I die" in shite on his desk.

He'll see the funny side.

(Of someone brave enough to shit on his desk. The "Intel" bit will burst a blood vessel).

Thank you, Troy. I was just after some information however trivial or stupid it sounded. I certainly wasn’t expecting a barrage of abuse but thanks to those who gave me some good info (Troy, joker).
Gbaker I actually think you came on here and asked sensible questions and the NAAFI bar style responses were pretty unhelpful from most especially from an Int corps Board of Arms thread. Remember lads it does take a lot of guts for some of these young potential soldiers to come on here to find out information, put yourselves into the shoes of the OP when you were applying to join. Gbaker firstly I recommend that if that is your initial and surname maybe to change your ARRSE account name as things can come back to bite you on your ARRSE especially if you meet a member along your selection process. Secondly have a look in the joining regular threads as amongst some of the dross is useful information, some is a bit outdated also use the search function. As said above it will most likely be Pirbright where you do your CSM(R) Basic training however can also be Winchester (in the past a few intakes have gone through there). Good luck on your application.

Thank you, iron. Afghan Andy, id hardly equate me calling it the ‘intel corp’ quite the same as the ‘royal big bangy things’, bare in mind I have absolutely no experience at all with the army but whatever floats your boat.

Thank you for the decent and helpful replies.

That’s a brilliant post, you hope I kill the Sargent and then top myself. You sound like a great bloke.
It's Sergeant FYI.
I was thinking more along the lines of you getting bullied and ridiculed and then all hot faced and tear stained.
Then the whole training platoon batters **** out of you for being a liability.This makes you get your shit together but you go full tonto and start talking to your weapon and looking through your eyebrows.
This is then followed by suicide leading to an inquiry where your fat little face turns up on local news every so often with your grief stricken parents saying how they just want answers.
That's what I meant .

Gbaker, just pointing out that the majority of ppl who have posted on this thread are not actually from the Intelligence Corps.

TBH I doubt if any of them are actually serving any more.
Some definately remember when Chieftain was a rank, not a tank

.... well probably Centurion.

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
Gbaker, just pointing out that the majority of ppl who have posted on this thread are not actually from the Intelligence Corps.

TBH I doubt if any of them are actually serving any more.
Some definately remember when Chieftain was a rank, not a tank

.... well probably Centurion.
They have tanks now ??
Whatever next

Worry not. I would do some research before you go to Chicksands for assessment. I think a quick history of the Corps is always helpful. We are a Corps that expects our recruits to do some digging around before we see them. We expect them to have a good understanding of the world around them. We are however massive wind up merchants.. and love nothing more than getting a rise from people. Don't take it personally. Have some good and respectful come backs ready :) Good luck.