Phase 1 boots.

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by ZyzzLegacy, May 9, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. When I did my army insight course(1 week away with army) One of the PT's here told me to buy a pair of boots that are issued in Phase 1 and to wear them weeks before hand to get them fitted to my feet. What I was wondering is if i turned up with my own boots will i get bollocked at? Does every1 in phase 1 have to be wearing the exact same boots etc... Any information would be appreciated.

2. Say nowt, don't get caught. Who's to know? Just you and your unfucked feet thats who

3. That, pretty much. Keep the receipt though.

4. I'm guessing my bags will be thoroughly searched tho upon arriving?

5. Er yes. I remember being stood in a line all waiting for our bags to be searched and the goon next to me turned up with a one piece snooker cue, nun-chucks and a pair of handcuffs. Not quite sure what he was expecting.

6. Mine weren't, but that was long ago. We had to hand them in after a few days though, civvi kit was confiscated. That would be plenty of time for a little sleight of hand with a pair of boots.

7. sup rec

sup rec LE Book Reviewer

What capbadge are you going and when is Phase 1?

8. After our recent conversation telling you that would be a bad idea.

9. sup rec

sup rec LE Book Reviewer

All I did was correct you on a couple of points. If you think that is bad then I would be worried about Phase 1. I asked this as I am still in the 'system' and could have told you which establishment is due the roll out of the new boots, when. This may have saved you money buying black boots.

I flit around the recruiting areas of this site as that is the role I have been in for the past few years. I don't take anything personally that is said on here, it is a website. Send as much 'crap' as you want, if I can help you or any other future recruits out I will, regardless of what has been said on a different thread. Phase 1 is daunting and if a few suggestions makes it easier then take the help.

If you want an answer then ask, if not then crack on.

• Like Like x 1

10. Save your money. You will get time to wear in your boots before you start to phys in them. Everyone else will be in the same boat anyway. Best of all, you wont waste money on outdated black boots or brown ones that'll cost way more to buy than they're worth.
    Good luck, hope you enjoy it.

Spend the cash on some decent running trainers to do some training in before you start maybe?

• Show again braincell Show again braincell x 2