Phase 1 Basic Training, new syllabus??

Morning all!

I have just recently completed my RSW at Strensall and due to start the basic training in early Jan.

At the end of the RSW we were told that we would start the new basic training syllabus, as we are starting in the new year.

Anybody know the diff between the old and new syllabus?

Cheers.

shakey08 said:
Morning all!

I have just recently completed my RSW at Strensall and due to start the basic training in early Jan.

At the end of the RSW we were told that we would start the new basic training syllabus, as we are starting in the new year.

Anybody know the diff between the old and new syllabus?

Cheers.
Excellent question... i want to see what im getting myself into aswell.

hmmm not sure then.... probs just Chineese whispers haha...

We were told if we started our first weekend of basic before the New Year we would be on the old syllabus and if we started in the New Year its the new one!

It's the new TSC - Trained Soldier Course, phases A and B.

Phase A is the old Phase 1 A and 1 B combined, B being the the old 1 C.

To be fully implemented by Sept 09 as TSC (A) and TSC (B)

Correct on the adjustments to emphasis - less CBRN, First Aid and Maps, and more fitness and weapon handling.

...can't think why the emphasis has been changed - unless they've all gone infantry centric....?

The_Duke

LE
Wingletang said:
It's the new TSC - Trained Soldier Course, phases A and B.

Phase A is the old Phase 1 A and 1 B combined, B being the the old 1 C.

To be fully implemented by Sept 09 as TSC (A) and TSC (B)

Correct on the adjustments to emphasis - less CBRN, First Aid and Maps, and more fitness and weapon handling.

...can't think why the emphasis has been changed - unless they've all gone infantry centric....?
Hmmm, most Infantrymen of my acquaintance value mapreading and the ability to plug bleeding holes very highly. CBRN? Another matter entirely.

shakey08 said:
Am sure I over heard people saying that the gas chamber stuff has been removed and that more PT is involved.
Do you mean the respirator testing facility? You'll have the BBC sneaking in again!

*Less* first aid and maps?, we probably spent a total of an hour on first aid and map & compass!

Detonator said:
RustyBayonet said:
*Less* first aid and maps?, we probably spent a total of an hour on first aid and map & compass!
Worrying.
To be honest it was no loss to me because of previous experience, and from what I can remember this was the same with everyone else.

Possibly due to the availability of instructors? Perhaps a lack of skillys and PTIs at units, and an excess of CBRN instructors?

But dont you just know it will all change again by May!.

I can understand why less CBRN and more Weapon training both lessons and range time, but less Nav & BCD?
" Ours is not to wonder why...." we just have to get on and teach it in wonderment.

Oh we had a lot of weapon training and were expected to get skilled on handling and marksmanship. I remember being at 400m on the furthest right lane knocked all the plates down and since I had rounds to spare, being ordered to knock the guys down in my neighbouring lane (whom had expended all rounds and was obviously pants).

"RB fire on that man's target!" "Cpl?" "DO IT!"

Lancialfa said:
shakey08 said:
polar69 said:
No lack of skillys or pti's where young shakey is going for his basic, thats a fact
Young! haha I wish, I was the second oldest at my RSW at 26!!!

Felt like a right tw*t!
Good on you shakey... theres nothing wrong with that!
Your right, nothing wrong with being 26!

Its the fact your surrounded with 17-18 year olds, some of which like to throw paper planes around the dorms at 2am!!!!!!! (no offence to the 17-18 years olds who dont! :D )