Phase 1 Alpha

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by Padre, Apr 28, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. What is this and where can I get a heads up on it before I go?

Any help, advice, whatever - most welcome,

2. "It is like ten evenings out at the theatre."

Ha ha!
  3. Not this one I reckon:)

This one's something what I think might be basic training or the like as it's a requirement before Tarts and Vicar's.

Wouldn't mind it being Alpha course as have done loads of them but this one's in York if that helps.

4. C'mon Padre give a man a more specific man! Phase 1 Alpha (Ph1A?) of what?
  5. I wish I knew - All I know is that I have do do a course - Phase 1 Alpha and it's at Strensall Camp.

This is a requirement before the PQO at the factory.

Doesn't mean thing to me - hoped it might mean something to someone, anyone, anywhere :),

Might try the training wing if I draw a blank here.
  6. T.A. Phase 1 Training I believe - living in the field and all that B*****ks.
  7. Does he/she/you mean RT1~6 (phase 1)? or CIC (phase 2) then it's onto the GAP training which is CBRN and stuff I think?
    I would also like help on what I should take with me, you know things like tent pegs..well that's about all I can think of really..

*So if anyone knows I would be much thankful, I'm going to look in the wiki, but I don't know what I am looking for (if you know what I mean)

*If you mean Phase one as in RT1~6 then it's every other weekend, and CIC (phase 2) is a two week camp thing and the GAP trainings are done over weekends like the RT thingies!
    Sorry I'm not that helpful, but it's all I know.. I have asked people around my TA unit about this but I don't get much in feedback. I now know I need a small towel and a wash-kit if that helps!

*I think it's basic common sense stuff, that will be needed :)
  8. My advice is to stop quoting part abbreviations and spit it out man.
  9. That's the sum of it. I have a telephone number and a location, York, and a course title. This ammounts to the fact that I have to do a Phase 1 Alpha Course'

Fully spat, totally confused!

10. msr

msr LE

It might not be a special forces course, but the advice remains the same: phone them up and ask ;)

11. Will do after tha Bank Holiday. I was just wondering as every other course (and it's mother) seems to be listed somewhere.

All I could find for Strensall seemed to be relating to Army Cadets which made it stranger still.

Oh, well - will ring them on Tuesday.

12. I maybe very wrong but PQO's do 2 fortnight camps to complete their comissioning (both can be at Sandhurst). The medics can do the first two weeks over weekends, I suspect your doing this (also 2 Med Bde (TA) is based at Strensall - so I guess these courses would be run from there - also being Gods country, quite appropiate)
  13. When did they move strensall to sussex :lol: .I think you mean country cursed by god .
  14. Isn't Essex/Sussex a suburb of London, you all sound the same to me :lol: (except Tamzin Outhwaite as she's got a proper surname)