Phase 1 Alpha training over 4 weekends

Just looking for any information on the Phase 1 Alpha training which is based over 4 weekends. I have a rough idea of what is covered but any advice would be appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Do what you are told,when you are told. Do not gob off, do not think that you know more than the staff.
Do you know which ATU you will be training at?

Hopefully Redford but have said I would go anywhere that's available.

The syllabus is the same, I was just curious. Lots of weapon handling, lots of PT. Classroom lectures on military law, values and standards etc. If you have previous experience, ie cadets, don't think you will impress anyone, you won't. If you don't have previous, listen and learn.
Remember,you are there to learn, the staff are there to help you although you won't always think so.

Thanks for the advice. I have no previous experience hence the request for information. Just looking to get my head down and pass the course so I can move on to Phase 1 bravo before the end of the year.

Longmore92

Swinger
I would speak to your recruiting team. They should know what's covered by CMS18 Res. Make sure you ask for your Joining Instructions (JI's). The JI's give you alot of information, especially what kit to take. Take it all. The screws will not appreciate having to run around camp trying to find diffy kit. Make sure your webbing has been fitted to you and that you can strip it down and rebuild it. Understand what all the kit is and how to use it. Don't turn up with kit still in the bag it's just come out of stores in. Iron the kit that needs ironing. Put a 1 pence piece (Platform Depressor) in the right arm pocket of your smock... I could go on and on and on.
Most of all turn up with the right attitude and react to taskings with speed. Don't be the Plt. Mong.

Make sure you ask for your Joining Instructions (JI's). The JI's give you alot of information, especially what kit to take. Take it all.
Sound advice but do question anything on the list that sounds out of place. I’ve still got a full set of barrack dress on my flick because an old kit list was attached to the JIs I received for Phase 1 nearly 20 years ago.

Missing kit,the bane of my life. Recruits would turn up without kit all the time. Sometimes because it had not been issued, that is not the fault of the recruit. At the start of every course we would ask if anyone was missing any kit. We would then try to get said item(s). However, some would say nothing, thinking that they would get a bollocking. And, of course, the smartarses who turn up with non issue. One genius, ex cadet, brought an assault vest claiming that was what he had been issued, instead of webbing.

Some good advice here, you have saved me from turning up unprepared and looking like a right idiot. It looks like I will be chasing up my kit for the weekends coming up. I'm guessing the unit will sort this for me.

Longmore92

Swinger
Some good advice here, you have saved me from turning up unprepared and looking like a right idiot. It looks like I will be chasing up my kit for the weekends coming up. I'm guessing the unit will sort this for me.

I wouldn't bank on your unit 'sorting it' out for you....It's up to you to make sure you have the kit listed in the Annex attached to the JI's. Yes, your Unit will provide it but you need to be phoning them everyday chasing missing kit. Don't let the Storeperson fob you off. There is a full kit inspection on Weekend 1 and a kit tracker filled out.

Latest Threads