Phase 1 alpha syllabus

Jock89

Crow
Afternoon all,

I know this has been posted a lot probably but a quick search doesn’t show what I’m after.

Has anyone been on phase1 alpha (7 days) recently.
If so what are the aspects.
Nobody from my unit has recently done it.
I’m mainly after the physical demands. I’m pretty fit anyway but I twinged my knee the other week running and it’s been a bit niggly since although seems to be getting better. I wanna know if I can just mong out a 2km and that’s it or is it every day PT

Afternoon all,

I know this has been posted a lot probably but a quick search doesn’t show what I’m after.

I’m mainly after the physical demands. I’m pretty fit anyway but I twinged my knee the other week running and it’s been a bit niggly since although seems to be getting better. I wanna know if I can just mong out a 2km and that’s it or is it every day PT
When I did mine there was phys of some sort every day.

Longmore92

Swinger
I would think you'll do a lot more than "mong out a 2km and that's it" over the course of 7 days.
When you arrive you will have to fill out a 'fit to train' form. You make your own choice.
Be prepared for an uncomfortable interview when they notice you limping. Injury on the cse. during PD means a 510 for the PTI, injury before the cse having filled out a fit to train equals integrity fail.

Afternoon all,

If distant memory serves me, expect to be doing PT every morning, the 1.5 mile run every other day, a few more sessions in a gym hall. On top of that, there'll likely be a several mile march with half your kit, if not the full CFT, and during the 2+ days in the field, there'll be a lot of physical work and moving between locations with all your kit.

Of you've got a knee/leg injury, it could become very uncomfortable.

mark4880

Swinger
you'll do your entry fitness text and exit TAB which you need to pass and like others said I remember doing PT everyday. It was a mixture of gym hall sessions, runs and TAB's. Its more physical that bravo and CIC (infantry). Id say try and get through it as the worst that will happen is you'll be sent home if you can do it then do it

While there is a set syllabus as such for Alpha and Bravo courses, it does seem to vary somewhat from one camp to another.

I found Alpha quite challenging in terms of PT, I am pretty fit and was running around an 8 min 2k.

PT was every day just before or after lunch. We did some strength and conditioning work in the gym, couple of loaded marches and a few HIIT sessions. They seemed to move away from steady state cardio in favour of Sprint training.

If you have any niggles I would strongly advise you get this sorted BEFORE you go. If you are not fit to train you will almost certainly be RTU'd, particularly on alpha 7 days. They don't have the time to rehabilitate an injury.

I would strongly discourage you from monging you 2k run as well. They can spot it a mile off if ok you aren't putting the effort in. Regardless of physical condition you should be giving it 100% or you will end up getting a bollocking.

I hear some Alpha courses are more relaxed than others. Mine wasn't relaxed and while I did enjoy it, it wasn't a walk in the park either.

Best of luck to you!

Latest Threads