Pharmacy Technician

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by Rachie, Nov 15, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi everyone!

I have done a quick search but couldn't find anything so... was just wondering if anyone here is a Pharmacy Technician or is in the proccess of applying? Just to get a bit more of an idea of the role within the Army, as I could only find the page on the Army Jobs website. I currently work in a community pharmacy so have an idea of civillian dispensing, but with the soldiering aspect and the other responsibilities, postings and deployments etc was just hoping for a bit of info. I have started the application process, and am excited about the prospect of hopefully getting in, but would be good to speak to someone!

:)

Rach

2. Hello
    Well I'm not going for Pharmacy tech but currently working in the nhs seeing what they do is making sure drugs are restocked, making sure wards and patients get their drugs when needed etc...
    Dont think its that much different on tour just that it will be field hospital and obviously another difference is that you are also a trained soldier so if needed you might have to defend camp etc...

Please anyone correct me if I'm wrong :\\ :D

3. Pharm Techs in Army are primarily based in Medical centres to start with and then move into more logistic based roles. On Ops they can do either of these too.

Have PMd you with more details

Peeby

4. Is anyone else on here a Pharmacy Tech? Would love to get some more info and peoples experiences of the job!

5. Sent you another PM.

6. what about full on pharmacists...if you will

what do they do?

7. Seems to be a mix of medical logistics roles and Regional Clinical Directorates posts as pharmaceutical lead for the region. There are only a handful in the army:

http://www.army.mod.uk/army-medical-services/ramc/15838.aspx