PGP® Desktop Professional 9.9 - FREE to MoD Personnel.

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by Smucking-FartARRSE, Apr 8, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Thought I'd post this for anyone who's interested in full disk encryption.

PGP Desktop Professional licences have been procured by HQ LF for your personal use and provides a comprehensive set of encryption applications to protect sensitive data in email and instant messages and on disk or removable media.

This software is available FREE to MoD personnel and can be downloaded through ArmyNET.

Go to ArmyNET's homepage, if you cannot find it there, just type pgp into the 'search site' option.
  2. I've used this encryption software & its pretty good, even better if the good old mod are giving it away as a freebie to mod staff.
  3. I've been using it for about 3 months now - it gets my vote. Fully supported, licensed and upgraded.
  4. And if you're not still serving I believe it is possible to install an older, but fully functional version, free: requires some techie nous but I have the PAM somewhere .... I'll do some checking and post what I know if there is any interest.
  5. And for those using open source have a look at:
  6. I've been trialling it on my NC10 netbook for about a month now - works well with little in the way of system degredation.
  7. If you're not serving, PGP International available here (looks like it's still freeware):
  8. Cow

Cow LE

If you're not serving then apply for an ArmyNET account (which you should be able to if you've served) and then download it!
  9. Thanks, Cow.
    I've just downloaded PGPi V8 to use at home. Quicker than trying to get an ArmyNET account. (I've no idea how to apply for an ArmyNET account, to be honest. I still haven't applied for Associate Membership of the UJ Club and I downloaded the application form months ago!)