PFT

#3
It starts off with a gentle 800m warm up followed by picking up a Landrover and running 18.4 kilometers with it on your back.

After that you have to do 60 pressups in 30 seconds with a Warrior IFV on your back.


Hope that helps, and good luck!
 
#4
Whiskey_60 said:
It starts off with a gentle 800m warm up followed by picking up a Landrover and running 18.4 kilometers with it on your back.

After that you have to do 60 pressups in 30 seconds with a Warrior IFV on your back.


Hope that helps, and good luck!
O dear... im in trouble :wink:
 
#5
Lancialfa said:
Whiskey_60 said:
It starts off with a gentle 800m warm up followed by picking up a Landrover and running 18.4 kilometers with it on your back.

After that you have to do 60 pressups in 30 seconds with a Warrior IFV on your back.


Hope that helps, and good luck!
O dear... im in trouble :wink:
800 metre warm up, 2.4 k (mile and a half) in under 13minutes for girls, 10 mins 30 for boys and best effort press ups and sit ups in 2 mins (think 21 press ups in 2mins and 50 situps in 2 mins for girls, 50 press ups and 50 sit ups for boys )
 
#6
matchbox said:
Lancialfa said:
Whiskey_60 said:
It starts off with a gentle 800m warm up followed by picking up a Landrover and running 18.4 kilometers with it on your back.

After that you have to do 60 pressups in 30 seconds with a Warrior IFV on your back.


Hope that helps, and good luck!
O dear... im in trouble :wink:
800 metre warm up, 2.4 k (mile and a half) in under 13minutes for girls, 10 mins 30 for boys and best effort press ups and sit ups in 2 mins (think 21 press ups in 2mins and 50 situps in 2 mins for girls, 50 press ups and 50 sit ups for boys )
I believe 10:30 is infantry only. IIRC other arms get up to 13 minutes? Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Edited to add: Though saying that, if you can't do it in 10:30 you're a biff.
 
#7
Dr_Chris said:
matchbox said:
Lancialfa said:
Whiskey_60 said:
It starts off with a gentle 800m warm up followed by picking up a Landrover and running 18.4 kilometers with it on your back.

After that you have to do 60 pressups in 30 seconds with a Warrior IFV on your back.


Hope that helps, and good luck!
O dear... im in trouble :wink:
800 metre warm up, 2.4 k (mile and a half) in under 13minutes for girls, 10 mins 30 for boys and best effort press ups and sit ups in 2 mins (think 21 press ups in 2mins and 50 situps in 2 mins for girls, 50 press ups and 50 sit ups for boys )
I believe 10:30 is infantry only. IIRC other arms get up to 13 minutes? Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Edited to add: Though saying that, if you can't do it in 10:30 you're a biff.
10 mins 30 seconds to Pass and be classified as fully efficient though, surely?
 
#8
Praetorian said:
Dr_Chris said:
matchbox said:
Lancialfa said:
Whiskey_60 said:
It starts off with a gentle 800m warm up followed by picking up a Landrover and running 18.4 kilometers with it on your back.

After that you have to do 60 pressups in 30 seconds with a Warrior IFV on your back.


Hope that helps, and good luck!
O dear... im in trouble :wink:
800 metre warm up, 2.4 k (mile and a half) in under 13minutes for girls, 10 mins 30 for boys and best effort press ups and sit ups in 2 mins (think 21 press ups in 2mins and 50 situps in 2 mins for girls, 50 press ups and 50 sit ups for boys )
I believe 10:30 is infantry only. IIRC other arms get up to 13 minutes? Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Edited to add: Though saying that, if you can't do it in 10:30 you're a biff.
10 mins 30 seconds to Pass and be classified as fully efficient though, surely?
No the Landrover run has to be completed In 16 minutes for Infantry, 22 minutes for other arms.

Christ when was the last time you turned in on a Tuesday Dr Chris?
 
#9
[quote="Dr_ChrisI believe 10:30 is infantry only. IIRC other arms get up to 13 minutes? Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Edited to add: Though saying that, if you can't do it in 10:30 you're a biff.[/quote]

Almost right. As it stands males have 10:30 for all 29 and under . At 30 the requirement is increased to 11:00 at 35 it increases to 11:30. Non capbadge specific test.
 
#10
Devils_Playmate said:
[quote="Dr_ChrisI believe 10:30 is infantry only. IIRC other arms get up to 13 minutes? Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Edited to add: Though saying that, if you can't do it in 10:30 you're a biff.
Almost right. As it stands males have 10:30 for all 29 and under . At 30 the requirement is increased to 11:00 at 35 it increases to 11:30. Non capbadge specific test.[/quote]

Correct and in addition the press ups are 44 male, 21 female or 41/19 and 39/16 at the next two age ranges.

According to the MATT, the order is as I said earlier:
Press ups
Sit ups
Run
 
#13
Ah, I stand mostly-corrected then :D

As I said, if you can't do it in 10:30 you need to put the pies down and get running.
 
#14
Lancialfa said:
I hear sooo many different times for the 1.5 mile run.......
That's because you're getting the PFT mixed up with the risk reduction run, which is just to make sure you're not going to pass out and die during training.
 
#17
Lancialfa said:
What is the layout for a PFT, im not entirely sure what it involves... all i know is that ive got one tonight! :D
Worry not. You will be getting a full brief from the PTI before you start.

msr
 
#18
"Now it all makes sense!"

Glad it does to you, I'm 4 years in and I still can't make sense of all this f*cking BPFA ACFT ICFT PFT RRR sh!te, it would help if they didn't change it every week.

Just keep reasonably fit and don't worry about it.
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
msr Army Reserve 62
machiavelli Health and Fitness 1
wellyhead Health and Fitness 6

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top