PFT

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by Lancialfa, Nov 25, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. What is the layout for a PFT, im not entirely sure what it involves... all i know is that ive got one tonight! :D

2. Press ups 2 minutes

Sit ups 2 minutes

Run

Go for it!

3. It starts off with a gentle 800m warm up followed by picking up a Landrover and running 18.4 kilometers with it on your back.

After that you have to do 60 pressups in 30 seconds with a Warrior IFV on your back.

Hope that helps, and good luck!

4. O dear... im in trouble :wink:

5. 800 metre warm up, 2.4 k (mile and a half) in under 13minutes for girls, 10 mins 30 for boys and best effort press ups and sit ups in 2 mins (think 21 press ups in 2mins and 50 situps in 2 mins for girls, 50 press ups and 50 sit ups for boys )

6. I believe 10:30 is infantry only. IIRC other arms get up to 13 minutes? Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Edited to add: Though saying that, if you can't do it in 10:30 you're a biff.

7. 10 mins 30 seconds to Pass and be classified as fully efficient though, surely?

8. No the Landrover run has to be completed In 16 minutes for Infantry, 22 minutes for other arms.

Christ when was the last time you turned in on a Tuesday Dr Chris?

9. [quote="Dr_ChrisI believe 10:30 is infantry only. IIRC other arms get up to 13 minutes? Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Edited to add: Though saying that, if you can't do it in 10:30 you're a biff.[/quote]

Almost right. As it stands males have 10:30 for all 29 and under . At 30 the requirement is increased to 11:00 at 35 it increases to 11:30. Non capbadge specific test.

10. Almost right. As it stands males have 10:30 for all 29 and under . At 30 the requirement is increased to 11:00 at 35 it increases to 11:30. Non capbadge specific test.[/quote]

Correct and in addition the press ups are 44 male, 21 female or 41/19 and 39/16 at the next two age ranges.

According to the MATT, the order is as I said earlier:
    Press ups
    Sit ups
    Run

11. I hear sooo many different times for the 1.5 mile run.......

12. The figures quoted by D_P and myself are direct from the MATT

13. Ah, I stand mostly-corrected then :D

As I said, if you can't do it in 10:30 you need to put the pies down and get running.

14. That's because you're getting the PFT mixed up with the risk reduction run, which is just to make sure you're not going to pass out and die during training.

15. Now it all makes sense!