PFT Points?

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Major_Clanger, Nov 15, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Evening,

Does anyone have to hand a break down of points for number of press ups, sit ups and 1.5 mile times so I can work out where I currently stand with regards the 300 club? Or got any links to one that has 1.5 mile run not 2 mile (only ones I can find on Google are US ones which have a 2 mile run)

2. MC if you look here and scroll down to PDF books running,upper body and core. Download them and inside you will find the scores you're looking for. :)
  3. Thank you; that was sort of what I was after - I was after the scoring system that determines you're score out of 300....
  4. It used to be for a Male under 25 (I think) 8:15 or under for the run 70 press-ups can't remember how many sit-ups. This was for max points.
  5. Spanks x
  6. MC that was only used on the PFA! When it became the PFT the points were dropped and it was a pass or fail.

Try looking for the Personal Fitness Assessment.
  7. Ah thanks for that. Still no luck other than US ones. I'll just adapt the 1.5 mile into a 2 mile and use that as a guideline.
  8. Nowdays its (for 29 years old and below)

44 press ups in two minutes
    50 sit ups in two minutes
    mile and a half in 10.30 (after a squad run of 800 yards)

The points thing never made sense you could get 269 and fail or 210 and pass.
  9. 100 points were gained by achieving the following:

77 Sit Ups in 2 min
    72 Press Ups in 2 min
    8.15 for the 1.5 mile run

However the points are old news now and as stacker rightly points out the system was always somewhat flawed. Pass or Fail makes much more sense. in reality nobody ever cared how many points were achieved as the answer to the question:

"How did you do on your PFT\PFA\BPFA\Whatever the hell its called?"

Was always given as the time taken to complete the run thus making the other two pointless (geddit?).
  10. Yargh that's cool :)
  11. M-C if you looked at those tables I mentioned and looked at the top most category marked excellent, you will find that it gives you the 100 point score from under 30 up to 49. In five year increments.
  12. Gents anyone know the requirements for a 52 year old male please?
  13. Well the table on the guardian link doesn't go past 49 but they have to do:

29 push ups
    34 sit ups