PFA before alpha

supermark500

War Hero
Until the PFA actually means something then it is a waste of everyone's time. People should not be allowed to pass out of basic training until they can achieve green on all parts of it. I am fed up of seeing people getting deferred passes on fitness whether that is the PFA or AFT. They are not hard tests. If you cannot meet the standards for your age/gender then you should not pass basic and definitely should not be promoted.
If the OP is struggling then talk to your PTI about getting help.

nsstab

Clanker
No PFA pre-alpha. You might however be asked to go on a 1.5 mile run and do some press ups and sit ups, bearing a striking resemblance to a PFA in order to assess your chances of passing when you do go.

I thought every course started with a BFT, PFT, PFA or whatever it is called this week

No PFA pre-alpha. You might however be asked to go on a 1.5 mile run and do some press ups and sit ups, bearing a striking resemblance to a PFA in order to assess your chances of passing when you do go.

What?

If your Unit says you need to pass a PFA, thats the end of the discussion.

W4lter-M

Swinger
An attempt at the PFA is all you need to do for your bounty, But you have to pass it to go on courses etc. At least that’s what they told me. I had to pass it to go on a jnco cadre a few years ago.

Just curious as to whether or not anyone else in the infantry reserves had to pass a PFA before they could go on their alpha?

If you can't manage the minimum and are struggling simply ask your PSAO for the appropriate discharge "At soldiers request", and stop wasting everyones time, end of

Latest Threads