PF HE/FE Scheme

Hi there,

I have completed 4 years service in January which is when I will qualify for the Enhanced Learning Credits at the lower tier. However, I am looking at possibly being MD, or signing off in the near future when I will start my resettlement.

I have been studying with the Open University and just completed a level 4 Certificate of Higher Education in Computing & Information Technology and Business. I wish to use 2 claims for my second and final year with the Open University to fund the rest of my degree. However, I will be moving onto a different pathway which is why I have just received this certificate.

To make a claim will I still be entitled to make a claim for level 5 (HND/Foundation Degree) and level 6 (Hons Degree)? I am questioning this because on the Elcas website it states: '

• [*=left]Only apply for a first eligible FE/HE qualification at the level for which they are academically qualified to enter learning on leaving the Service'.
I do not understand this fully. Does it mean I am no longer able to claim for my degree as I have a HE certificate, or does it mean I can claim at level 5 and level 6 in order to top up my qualification to a full degree?

Hope this makes sense,

Stephen.​