PF HE/FE Scheme

Discussion in 'Education and Resettlement Courses' started by urstuffplz1, Aug 5, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. Hi there,

    I have completed 4 years service in January which is when I will qualify for the Enhanced Learning Credits at the lower tier. However, I am looking at possibly being MD, or signing off in the near future when I will start my resettlement.

    I have been studying with the Open University and just completed a level 4 Certificate of Higher Education in Computing & Information Technology and Business. I wish to use 2 claims for my second and final year with the Open University to fund the rest of my degree. However, I will be moving onto a different pathway which is why I have just received this certificate.

    To make a claim will I still be entitled to make a claim for level 5 (HND/Foundation Degree) and level 6 (Hons Degree)? I am questioning this because on the Elcas website it states: '

    • [*=left]Only apply for a first eligible FE/HE qualification at the level for which they are academically qualified to enter learning on leaving the Service'.
    I do not understand this fully. Does it mean I am no longer able to claim for my degree as I have a HE certificate, or does it mean I can claim at level 5 and level 6 in order to top up my qualification to a full degree?

    Hope this makes sense,