Pewsey Vale Half Marathon -29 August 04

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by Goatman, Jul 6, 2004.

?
  1. Too right - only way to build stamina!

90.0%
  2. Well, I would but it's my knee, see and...

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Why run when you can take a cab ?

10.0%

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

If there are any ARRSE readers or contributors who intend running this race, plse PM me!

( and no, i don't want to hear about 'How the Army wrecked my knees/ankles/spine with Crool boot-runs as a lad '...!)

Ta.

<< Courez? Pour-quoi, voila l'autobus!>>

Le Chevre

2. Will you pay my air fare! iF SO iM THERE. And then next year you can all come and have ago at the "Syv fjell Turen" or seven mountain walk.

3. I'd like to do it if I get back from leave in time. Is there a deadline for entries? Obviously, if so, then I'll not be taking part.

4. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

Well there were 280 odd bods there on the day. I was the old guy in the Combat Stress singlet hobbling along just in front/behind/in front/behind the man pushing his toddler around the course in one of those all-terrain buggies.

Good course,well marshalled and signed, I counted 3 water stops.... not as hilly as the New Forest Half....bit of a grey day...felt a bit cold in the singlet to start with...rain held off till I got round which was good....started the race at the back which is pretty much where I finished!

had to tear off home as I'd invited the Outlaws to Sunday lunch and Erin Dawes less than impressed at me being elsewhere....next trg race should be a 16 miler....anyone know of a suitable race between now and end-October within tottering distance of Hampshire ?

Thanks

Le Chevre

http://www.justgiving.com/run4combatstress

5. ah Goatman old boy, excellent news. currently thinking up clever ways for raising cash for your USMC run.

we have two races coming up which might be of interest to you and fellow Arrses!

September 26 - 7 mile cliff path race (starts at big f*ck off Hun obs tower on the SW coast of Guernsey and travrse the south coast cliffs)

October 17 - 7 or 15 mile cliff path race - starts from picturesque St Peter Port harbour (hey i'm getting a commission from local tourist board) and heads along same south coast cliffs as above out to the big f*ck off concrete monstrosity.

www.guernseyathletics.org.gg

local running club are a good lot and anyone interested do let me know and will help with any arrangements.