Pets in SLA?

These must already be in place if Officers and SNCOs have pets I’m the mess.
Absolutely, and I suspect it’s one of those progressive units with a mantra of “do as I say, not as I do” you f*cking nigs.

But it’s not as simple as, I want a kitten and I don’t need to tell ‘the man’ I have one.

Seems like the unit has some comms problems to me :)

UKTAP

LE
Dogs are a massive pain in the arse in the workplace, shitting and pissing everywhere and generally getting in the way and stinking the place out. They shouldn't be allowed on camp, but because in some places, the CoC are dog-cnuts, they are often forced upon others. But at least they can be put on a lead.

Do you not think it's a bit jack on everyone else in the block having a cat, which will go feral and do as it ******* pleases all over everyone else's bed spaces?

Also, what if you go one exercise or ops? And you didn't think to read the JSP or speak to the CoC first?

I doubt there will be any sympathy with this one - you don't seem to have engaged brain before going "Aww wook at the cute likkle kitty - I must get one!"...

If a Head of Establisment/CO allows animals onto Defence Estate, they have mandated responsibilities, such as:

Provision of animal waste disposal facilities.
Provision of animal welfare facilities.
Production of procedures defining approvals process.
Production of rules and responsibilities to be adhered to by the animals owner.
Production of a register of animals approved to come onto the estate.
Procedures to ensure the safety of other people.
Procedures to ensure the privacy and comfort of other people.
A procedure to monitor compliance.

It would therefore be reasonable that if the chain of command accidentally discovered the SLA was in actual in fact a care home for pets, they may be a tadge irritated ^~

Christ! If that's the list for a' ikkle fwuffy kitten, I can't imagine the one for tanks!

I hate cats, should stick them in a blender and turn them into the food they feed to dogs.

I don't think if they become an endangered species anyone would bat an eyelid.

OK, what happens if you get deployed and tiddles is left behind in your room.

Tiddles is going to be a bit smelly and very dead after about 2 weeks.
Best to mercy Kill tiddles in that case or what you can do is impact and inconvenience on every other fecker in the block, just so you can be made happy.

Fishbulb

Old-Salt
I hate cats, should stick them in a blender and turn them into the food they feed to dogs.

Genuine question - why (assuming you're not just being provocative) do you hate cats?

P.O.N.T.I

War Hero
Visit Mumsnet and their pets at a SLA block near your.

Please tell me you you are either RLC or a Woodentop.

Genuine question - why (assuming you're not just being provocative) do you hate cats?
Dogs at least are friendly accommodating animals you can take the pub and even have a place in government roles such as border control, drugs detection, armed forces, police, guarding things and have a job.

They are used to support people with disabilities i.e blindness and have much uses including being a loyal companion for it's whole lifetime.

You can't even teach a cat to fetch really.

Cats are annoying boring vermin.

Last edited:
Dogs are a massive pain in the arse in the workplace, shitting and pissing everywhere and generally getting in the way and stinking the place out. They shouldn't be allowed on camp, but because in some places, the CoC are dog-cnuts, they are often forced upon others. But at least they can be put on a lead.

Do you not think it's a bit jack on everyone else in the block having a cat, which will go feral and do as it ******* pleases all over everyone else's bed spaces?

Also, what if you go one exercise or ops? And you didn't think to read the JSP or speak to the CoC first?

I doubt there will be any sympathy with this one - you don't seem to have engaged brain before going "Aww wook at the cute likkle kitty - I must get one!"...
Do you not think the Army has moved on a bit from shared bed spaces? I know of a an officer who had a cat in their Mess accomodation, there was no question of it going in someone else bedspace.
Everyone with a pet (normally a dog) and living in the mess manages to keep it despite going on exercise. Why would a junior be any different?

Nobody accept an invite to stay at chuggafugga house

Daxx

MIA
Book Reviewer
Hello not sure I’m posting this in the correct place , basically I own a kitten in my SLA Z type room , and various other people own similar pets . The squadron has found out about these pets and have given us two weeks to “ get rid of them” or severe administrative action will be taken . Not sure what to do I refuse to get rid of my pet , also due to this they are giving us weekly room inspections checking for pets . Do I have any ground to fight this ?

thank you
It's not your room. It belongs to the Army and you have to ask permission BEFORE moving pets in. Simple really. Now you appeared to have pissed someone off.

Do you not think the Army has moved on a bit from shared bed spaces? I know of a an officer who had a cat in their Mess accomodation, there was no question of it going in someone else bedspace.
Everyone with a pet (normally a dog) and living in the mess manages to keep it despite going on exercise. Why would a junior be any different?
Would you allow them to have pets in SLA if the decision was yours? Bearing in mind you have a degree of responsibility for the animals welfare and dealing with any damages/issues that arise because of it.

Would you allow them to have pets in SLA if the decision was yours? Bearing in mind you have a degree of responsibility for the animals welfare and dealing with any damages/issues that arise because of it.
No I wouldn't, but it would be across the board for all ranks. I wouldn't make up **** excuses why the juniors can't but the SNCOs/Officers can.

UKTAP

LE
The accommodation IS everyone's bed space. Does that mean everyone will have to keep all doors and windows shut, including communal areas to keep the cat out?

And where have you got this "all right for Officers" cack from? I never mentioned rank anywhere.

UKTAP

LE
No I wouldn't, but it would be across the board for all ranks. I wouldn't make up **** excuses why the juniors can't but the SNCOs/Officers can.
Why have you got such a chip on your shoulder about rank? Fail your PNCO cadre or something?

22 Sigs many years ago . One chap had , in a fit of being drunk , bought a python. Big thing about 2 meters.

One winter night , Sunday we were warned of a block inspection next morning, so the idiot put his pet into a mates car.

‘’Next morning after the inspection, went to the car to find a snake icicle “

Also had a loonie who had a couple of hamsters.

Again in the piss , came back and decided to run over one with a 4 tonner.

Went out to the car park, tied the poor thing up , got into a 4 tonner, drove at it and went straight over it. The tyres had a huge gap in the tread , lucky hamster made it as the tread hole went over it.

Not that lucky as he then dyed them red and green and made parachutes for them out of bog roll . Chucked them out his window, 3rd floor.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P Charities and Welfare 41
supermatelot ARRSE: Site Issues 54
4PawsPetTravel Classified Ads 5

Latest Threads