Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by vespa, Sep 29, 2003.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Excellent news !! I just love giving even more of my hard earned cash to 'New' Labour and seeing no return !! Bloody marvellous news !! :D Chuffed to mess tins.
  2. Well, since you're South of the Border, you can only make a profit out of this one, Gunny! I see that the patrol stations which used to do a fine trade just on the other side of what used to be H1 and the Buncrana VCP - and closed down in recent years - are moving their stock again, along with the usual peat and charcoal!
  3. Does this mean there will be a queue for me petrol coupons :wink:
  4. Spare a thought for the people of Nigeria, the world's 5th biggest oil producer. The government recently hiked the price of petrol by 54% resulting in a ten day general strike. That brought the country to it's knees (if it wasn't on them already) and the Government backed down and only increased it by 35%!

Result! (sort of).
  5. Ah well that will be the POL accounts cut back too.....

everyone will have to get used to tabbing about carrying their kit :p
  6. And I thought it was all about oil.....
  7. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

Pity the poor people around here - talk here is of putting up the price of petrol from 32 dinars to maybe 37, but of course if there are public protests then we won't.

By the way, currently $1 = 2040 dinars. Do the math(s), as our cousins say.