Petrol tanker drivers (fuelys)

Im looking to get a job as a fuely (if thats how you spell it) and cant find any info about what regiments/ squadrons have this type of job available. I would appreciate any help with finding out any info on this job.

Thanks

Probably RLC, if they have not changed their name yet again.

the_boy_syrup

LE
Book Reviewer
RAF MT

They do alot of it on T.S.W. etc

Dont bother mate become a AT they are far superior to any one else on the planet.
That's quite true. However, amongst our many skills and talents we don't actually deal with fuel

But then neither do drivers, because that would require doing 2 things and that's beyond a driver's capability.

To the OP look at Petroleum Operator.

That's quite true. However, amongst our many skills and talents we don't actually deal with fuel

But then neither do drivers, because that would require doing 2 things and that's beyond a driver's capability.

It still cracks me up that driver is classed as a trade and that somehow they still exist. The RAF could learn a thing or two from the driver trade about how to con people into thinking you actually matter. :)

It still cracks me up that driver is classed as a trade and that somehow they still exist.
Perhaps the RLC could have trade called 'Person'.

Cue lots of threads like
"I'm going to be a Person in the RLC, can anyone tell me a bit more about the trade?"
and
"Which RLC units have Persons?"

Drivers dont deal with fuel dingerrrrrrr?? What was that thing i drove in Bosnia,Kosovo,Oman,Telic 1, a ******* cement mixer?
Mmm who were the first to go to Multidrive in thirsk to help with trials a few years ago? Chefs? or was it me and some of the Troop i was in?

Carry on sealing H93's or whatever 99% of ATs do day in day out.

Nice one SD. Didn't see many AT's on Op Sabillian in 2000, where we were driving civi fuel tankers during the strike (or on Op Orderley, the Foot & Mouth crisis or the Fire strike). By the way, Pet Op's do not drive fuel tankers.

Drivers dont deal with fuel dingerrrrrrr?? What was that thing i drove in Bosnia,Kosovo,Oman,Telic 1, a ******* cement mixer?
Mmm who were the first to go to Multidrive in thirsk to help with trials a few years ago? Chefs? or was it me and some of the Troop i was in?

**** off you pet op walting ****, you're too thick.

If ATs did seal H83's (not H93 thicky) 99% of the time they would still have to drive there, which still means even our simplest of tasks involves twice as much as your main effort.

Note to Steve, the OP.

The military use the term POL ( abbreviation for Petrol Oil and Lubricants ) if you search on POL on the RLC site you may get some hits.

Was it your under developed penis up small boys?

dingerr, this knob is not a driver, he may have a username like that but believe me,
this cnut couldn't drive a Woodscrew in, can I shove him in a Mixer Drum on your
behalf, perchance?

Right now there is a real Pet Op online ill sort out first some glaring mistakes that previous posters have submitted.
Firstly.
SD, you were not the first to go to Thirsk and help with the trials. I did all 4 Multidrive variant trials starting from the OP Granby ones through to the ones that finished in on TELIC and FINGAL. But you went probably soon after me when they started doing both water and fuel variants. Thats unless you were on the Project Team in that case you may well of been there? For some reason nearly every Bulk Fuel Veh, new to service they seem to miss out on Drivers for some reason at the initial SRD/URD and MVT phases!!!
Lifesabummer, Yes Pet Ops do drive Tankers. In fact in our Sqn if they didnt we probably wouldnt of been able to deploy any on GRIFFEN VIPER last year! In fact a certain Pet Op has been involved at the trial and procurement stage in nearly all the new fuel vehicles that have been bought in the last 10years.
Strima, Yes Multidrive was a bit of mish-mash of Foden, Multidrive in Thirsk with a quite innovative design which the civvies never really bought into but could of gone somewhere and Thompson Carmicheal who put it all together. The Mk 2's were ok but if you were not trained properly in using the gears etc, thats where the problems (and bad press started) then they were pretty dangerous. They ironed out a lot of this in the last variants but by then CST was on its way and they all ended up scrapped and sold. Most ended up in Africa supplying fuel to Plant Hire companies in the mines out there.

Now for the OP's post.....dont join and be a tanker driver. Ours dont go anywhere, and its crap job (i enjoy trialling them and doing things that no where else in the Army i could do) but as a job....no ******* way. And dont think that driving a CST will let you drive a ESSO tanker when you leave, it wont. Besides we dont have those civvy type tankers anymore as the replacements project was canned due to lack of money and CST's are nothing like civvy trucks.
Any driver here will tell you that you dont drive as often as they used to. HERRICK aside etc, we dont have the money to do big exercises, hence driving. Be a mechanic or something. And dont be a Pet Op......thats all going pete tong now and you may end up in a certain Wiltshire Regt with no ******* Pet Op kit to play with as someone decided it would be a good idea to let a civvy company look after our kit until we needed it.

dingerr, this knob is not a driver, he may have a username like that but believe me,
this cnut couldn't drive a Woodscrew in, can I shove him in a Mixer Drum on your
behalf, perchance?
Please do no one will miss him.

Well maybe his RSM mates will.

So , the simple solution is let the AT's deliver the Ammo, the Chefs deliver the food, the pet op's deliver the fuel & water, the log specs deliver the material and the posties deliver the mail. Everything else can be delivered by err who photographers????

So , the simple solution is let the AT's deliver the Ammo, the Chefs deliver the food, the pet op's deliver the fuel & water, the log specs deliver the material and the posties deliver the mail. Everything else can be delivered by err who photographers????
Bin driver trade, increase Pioneer trade then we have a multi skilled workforce who can be used in a variety of scenarios.