Petrol price protests planned

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by ukdaytona, Dec 10, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Not sure how gen this is......

UPDATE: This morning (10/12/07) Transaction 2007 announced a firm date for the protest. Protests will start Saturday 15th December 2007 at 10:00am. They say the date was decided by members as "the best possible to enable those who would normally be working during the week to attend." According to a press release on the site, they plan to protest outside refineries or storage depots across the country

http://www.petrolprices.com/blog/petrol-price-protests-planned-for-this-wednesday-86.html

2. 'Twas on the 12pm news on R4 too...

Just as long as no fecker clogs up the motorways with those go-slow protests (I got caught in one coming back from a 6 month op tour in NI).

3. 99.9p at asda yesterday, made me happy.

4. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

'Tis not the oil refineries that should be blockaded, but Parliament.

5. £102.9 at my local.

6. I still can't figure out why the price of fuel is going up when the value of the USdollar is going down.

If oil was $100 a barrel all year it would cost 3 pounds LESS to buy it now than at the beginning of this year.

Still haven't had a reasonable answer to that one.

7. Seconded... should we douse the place with oil and set it alight, just to make our point of course?

TB

8. Grownup_Rafbrat

Grownup_Rafbrat LE Good Egg (charities)

Convert to LPG. The most I'm paying is 49.9p per litre. Cheapest at the moment is 46.9.

If your car is less than three years old the government will subsidise the cost of conversion. My car's older, but the conversion has paid for itself three times over in the 18 months I've had the car.

9. Strikes me the effort would be better spent protesting why the government haven't invested enough in alternatives to oil-based fuels. It's only going to get scarcer and whining about how a rare commodity is expensive is pretty feeble, especially in a market economy.

10. What? And put more money into their coffers? Can't we use some of the more recent statute books as fuel instead?

11. When this lot came into power a LITRE of petrol was 51p - FFS, look at it now.

12. To be fair, that was 10 years ago. My old man drives a nissan sunny (affectionately refered to as the taliban taxi") it runs on a capful a week. Bastard.

13. You must do a hell of a lot of mileage in your car.

I was considering doing this with mine but at 70KM per day commute it would take about 4 years to recoup the costs and the car won't last that long.

Either you drive a lot or you drive something with a shite MPG.

14. ..slightly over the top wording in the website ?

http://transaction-2007.com/

"Fuel refinery blockades are a tactic of the past due to the implemented Police Reform Act, brought in shortly after 2000 to quell any future uprisings. It just goes to show the mentality of the Government. Surely we are living not in the democratic country we all love, but are living under the control of dictators. Saddam Hussein was ousted for such behaviour! "

....think Saddan did a little bit more than stop farmers and lorry drivers moaning.........Halabja springs to mind.