Petrol Price Increase, the Chancellor and speeding

Driving better will cost the tax man

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I know thats a bloomin' mouthfull of a tiltle, but this morning when I drove the 71 miles to work (yes 71 miles there, and 71 miles back, every day) I was struck by the fact that the chancellor must love it when we all speed, cos we use more fuel, which he takes a sizeable chunk from, and of course if Plod catches us, he also gets a large wad from that s well.

So in my twisted logic, I thought, If I drive sensibly (not that easy) then i would use less fuel, and not run the risk of getting caught speeding, therefore doing my bit to screw the chancellors plans for ripping more money from my wallet.

Do you lot think it would work if we all drove to the speed limits, making sure we didnt use too much fuel that the Tax Man would feel the pinch?

ukdaytona said:
You may drive to the speed limits but there is always some knob jockey who feels that his white van/Audi/BMW/VW is allowed to ignore the law of the land.
Can you just add motorcyclist to that list? Thanks ever so much.

Then both of you will be pleased to know that the Chancellor's previously announced increase in Fuel Duty comes into effect today.

Fck.

Baseplate said:
Then both of you will be pleased to know that the Chancellor's previously announced increase in Fuel Duty comes into effect today.

Fck.
Bet Broon wishes that he left it alone now as the voters may not thank him if he goes for a snap election :evil:

Thieving fecking barsteward.
If the tosser was a bit wiser with OUR money then it wouldn't be bloody necessary.
Brown may you rot in hell, you thieving incompetent moron.

A tactic used by invaders throughout the centuries is to tax the conquered to keep them impoverished and, therefore, subjugated. In 2009 a treaty will be signed by the Queen, in effect abolishing Britain, and we will be policed and governed by Europe. That is why our best soldiers are now being trained in riot control rather than war.

Did everyone who gave their lives in WW 1 and 2 die for nothing?

GeorgeMaciver said:
A tactic used by invaders throughout the centuries is to tax the conquered to keep them impoverished and, therefore, subjugated. In 2009 a treaty will be signed by the Queen, in effect abolishing Britain, and we will be policed and governed by Europe. That is why our best soldiers are now being trained in riot control rather than war.

Quick! Pass the tinfoil!

WTF?

If it goes back to the fuel duty protests and long queues at petrol stations with priority to 'essential personnel', does this include members of the armed forces?

wg100 said:
If it goes back to the fuel duty protests and long queues at petrol stations with priority to 'essential personnel', does this include members of the armed forces?
No. Essential personnel are :-

PCSOs
Nurses
Fire Brigade
Police (are there any left??)
Teachers
Politicians

Bouillabaisse

LE
Book Reviewer
No, just Labour Party members (henceforth just called "The Party") and the police, unless you're driving a vehicle for maciver's secret "best soldiers" who are on secret bases being trained in riot control.

ukdaytona said:
wg100 said:

PCSOs
Nurses
Fire Brigade
Teachers
Politicians
I actually got off my lazy arrse and did some digging as I was sure I had read previously that the armed forces were included in the essential worker umbrella and came across this article on the BBC relating to the 2000 fuel protests: List of essential workers

The BBC said:
Friday, 15 September, 2000, 01:31 GMT 02:31

Britain's essential services

The government has ordered that workers from the following industries and services are eligible for priority access to fuel which tankers have been delivering to 298 petrol stations across the country.

Emergency services
Armed forces
Health and social workers
Food industry
Agriculture, veterinary and animal welfare

Essential workers at nuclear sites
Water, sewerage and drainage
Fuel and energy suppliers
Public transport
Licensed taxis
Coastguards and lifeboat crews

Airport and airline workers
Postal, media, telecommunications
Central and local government workers
Essential financial services staff including those involved in the delivery of cash and cheques

Prison staff
Refuse collection and industrial waste
Funeral services
Special schools and colleges for the disabled
Essential foreign diplomatic workers

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
ukdaytona said:
You may drive to the speed limits but there is always some knob jockey who feels that his white van/Audi/BMW/VW is allowed to ignore the law of the land.
Oh FFS kn0b-jockey. Just because you drive in the overtaking lane of the motorway at 55mph whilst overtaking nothing but a few trees, whilst causing major traffic tailbacks because you've got your head up your arrse and your brain in neutral.

Get over yourself.

This is just another bl00dy tax grab. Now, where's my suitcases and passport?

Biped said:
ukdaytona said:
Oh FFS kn0b-jockey. Just because you drive in the overtaking lane of the motorway at 55mph whilst overtaking nothing but a few trees, whilst causing major traffic tailbacks because you've got your head up your arrse and your brain in neutral.

Get over yourself.

This is just another bl00dy tax grab. Now, where's my suitcases and passport?
Funny that, I wondered why, when sat in the inside lane this morning doing 70mph, I was having to pull all the way out to the outside lane to over take the middle lane hogger doing 65 but then we cant all be saints like you can we......

Whether you do 70 or 100 in the outside lane some arrse bandit like you will always be trying to go faster and over/under take people.......

wg100 said:
ukdaytona said:
wg100 said:

PCSOs
Nurses
Fire Brigade
Teachers
Politicians
I actually got off my lazy arrse and did some digging as I was sure I had read previously that the armed forces were included in the essential worker umbrella and came across this article on the BBC relating to the 2000 fuel protests: List of essential workers

The BBC said:
Friday, 15 September, 2000, 01:31 GMT 02:31

Britain's essential services

The government has ordered that workers from the following industries and services are eligible for priority access to fuel which tankers have been delivering to 298 petrol stations across the country.

Emergency services
Armed forces
Health and social workers
Food industry
Agriculture, veterinary and animal welfare

Essential workers at nuclear sites
Water, sewerage and drainage
Fuel and energy suppliers
Public transport
Licensed taxis
Coastguards and lifeboat crews

Airport and airline workers
Postal, media, telecommunications
Central and local government workers
Essential financial services staff including those involved in the delivery of cash and cheques

Prison staff
Refuse collection and industrial waste
Funeral services
Special schools and colleges for the disabled
Essential foreign diplomatic workers

I doubt very much if this means squaddies, it will most likely mean military vehicles as unlike with central and local government it stipulates staff. You're getting above your station thinking the government would prioritise squaddies.

GeorgeMaciver said:

George it may have escaped your notice but the British Army have taken riot control quite seriously since 1969, Northern Ireland ring a bell ?

Before that it was more of form a square, haul up a banner that said sod off or we fire and then ....."Man in red shirt, 50yds, 1 rd, Fire .

ViolentBadger said:
Man in red shirt, 50yds, 1 rd, Fire .
I often think some of the old ways were not so bad. Think of the money saved, no special guns or ammo. No practicing to be a diplomat.
Minimum cost and problems solved,

Works in Burma...

Watching the Beeb this morning I was astounded at the breakdown of what a litre of petrol @ £1 per litre actually is:

31p is the actual cost of the fuel
55p is the fuel duty
you then get charged 17.5% on the fuel and the duty, in essence being taxed for the tax you already paid.

Gordon Brown, Thieving Scottish one-eyed Barsteward. Why can't he just put a patch over blind eye and put a parrot on his shoulder? At least I would respect him for admitting that he was a theiving pirate. People all said what a generous chancellor he was when he lowered income tax by 1% . but the sod takes it all back in other tax hikes. When will people see that this govenment never does anything unless it is for it's own benefit. It will never do anything to benefit the society it represents, it will only do what is necessary to stay in power.

Ish

PS For all you bikers out there, before he starts road pricing trials on Motorbikes, please come and join in the Ride for Rights on 20th Oct 07.

PE4rocks said:
ukdaytona said:
Can you just add motorcyclist to that list? Thanks ever so much.

And Lada as well please, I manage a respectable 73 Mph with a tail wind :roll: