Petraeus Binned

Funny, I read an entirely different article on the subject.

CIA Dir. Gen. Petraeus resigns

CIA Director David Petraeus testifies during the Senate Intelligence Committee hearing on ''World Wide Threats.''
1 hr ago By MSN News and other wires

WASHINGTON - The CIA director said he was resigning because he had exercised "extremely poor judgment' in conducting an extra-marital affair.

In a statement to the CIA workforce, Petraeus wrote, "Yesterday afternoon, I went to the White House and asked the president to be allowed, for personal reasons, to resign from my position as D/CIA. After being married for over 37 years, I showed extremely poor judgment by engaging in an extramarital affair. Such behavior is unacceptable, both as a husband and as the leader of an organization such as ours."

"Dave's decision to step down represents the loss of one of our nation's most respected public servants," Director of National Intelligence James Clapper said in a statement, according to Reuters. "From his long, illustrious Army career to his leadership at the helm of CIA, Dave has redefined what it means to serve and sacrifice for one's country.".
Now, I'm sure the tinfoil hat wearing folks will say that is surely a cover. Perhaps, but I would argue the burden of proof is on them to provide.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
I wish someone would resign for exercising extremely poor judgement in conducting a war in Afghanistan.

Funny, I read an entirely different article on the subject.

Now, I'm sure the tinfoil hat wearing folks will say that is surely a cover. Perhaps, but I would argue the burden of proof is on them to provide.
Yeah, that's the same wire news as in my first link. Anyways... I think the whole Benghazi shit was tinfoil territory. I also think it's well within the realms of possibility he got backs up in last week's CIA/DOS briefing war... but who knows? I certainly have no proof, as you rightly point out.

I wonder if this makes him damaged goods as a possible GOP White House contender?

Attachments

Yeah, that's the same wire news as in my first link. Anyways... I think the whole Benghazi shit was tinfoil territory. I also think it's well within the realms of possibility he got backs up in last week's CIA/DOS briefing war... but who knows? I certainly have no proof, as you rightly point out.

I wonder if this makes him damaged goods as a possible GOP White House contender?
I think the GOP has it's work cut for it with or without him.

Being a current "Reagan" republican and having to make that distinction lest be associated with all kinds of neocon nuttery, I was forced to vote my conscience and vote less for Obama but more against the guy that wears magic knickers.

It occurred to me that someone capable of believing such a thing would have some critical thinking issues.

The republican party has gone from business centric to god bothering centric. With that, I'm out.

Petreus, I would still vote for him and respect him for the standup guy he is, but unfortunately, as has been said here in some circles, the people most qualified for the position of CinC would never seek to run for it.

Here's the bint in question. Kings College London PhD candidate, Paula Broadwell.

paula broadwell - Google Search

Have to say, more attractive than anyone I was in grad school with. Not saying it was worth it, but I think most of us can understand why.

She's a Seppo. 13 years in the US Army Reserve.

Ref the book title: Giggity.

A gentleman with that kind of power should have the right to all the women he wants (if they're consenting, of course). He's a silverback gorilla, a daddy lion, a powerful and influential man. At the end of the day, were just here to reproduce and to the most powerful, the spoils.

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
he lost out there, just shows how useless these modern post cold war types are. all he had to say was 'honeytrap' and he would get a paid in post holiday while the young lady was whisked off to gitmo.

From the BBC: BBC News - CIA director David Petraeus resigns over affair

'She spent months embedded alongside the then-general in Afghanistan while researching her 2011 book, All In: The Education of General David Petraeus. The book was widely seen as a positive account of his leadership methods.'

No irony there.

TheIronDuke

ADC
Book Reviewer
So this is something to do with American politics and nothing to do with the Petronas Curse that saved Harry Potter from the Death Eaters in the film Harry Potter and the Big ****ing Chicken? Or have I become confused?

So this is something to do with American politics and nothing to do with the Petronas Curse that saved Harry Potter from the Death Eaters in the film Harry Potter and the Big ****ing Chicken? Or have I become confused?

Your shit joke would have slid by unnoticed, but you had to go drawing attention to it in the worst possible way - by explaining it! Loser

Being a current "Reagan" republican and having to make that distinction lest be associated with all kinds of neocon nuttery, I was forced to vote my conscience and vote less for Obama but more against the guy that wears magic knickers.

It occurred to me that someone capable of believing such a thing would have some critical thinking issues.

The republican party has gone from business centric to god bothering centric. With that, I'm out.
Off topic a little, but I just wanted to repeat a part of your post.

It’s refreshing to hear that there are still some sane Republicans with an evidence-based view of reality. If there’d been more like you the GOP would have walked the election. As it is, the central positions of the Republican Party have been increasingly expropriated by loud ideologists over the last decade or two and it will be a hard task to regain control. There isn’t a quick solution, but your Tea Party is the equivalent of (UK) Labour’s Militant and it will only be by robust exposure and expulsion to the fringes that future electoral success will become possible.

I’m sure you understand this better than I, but you won’t get anywhere while you allow extremists to dictate the direction of your party. You can let them continue to drag you down, or you can expel them and let them stand for election on their own terms. I’ve no doubt at all that they will lose and the GOP will be much better for it.

Your shit joke would have slid by unnoticed, but you had to go drawing attention to it in the worst possible way - by explaining it! Loser
Anyone with such a low IQ as to call someone else a “loser”, as if it’s a sign of wit, has by default branded himself a pointless and unimaginative **** who is almost certainly an under-achiever and fan of Hello magazine, but just for the pictures.

I have a sturdy bucket and (special offer, for this month only) I will let you drown yourself in it. You have physiological needs and pain and drowning in my bucket would release the suffering. As least for the rest of us.