ARRSE is supported by the advertisements on it, so if you use an adblocker please consider helping us by starting an Ad-Free subscription.

Petitions

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by putteesinmyhands, Jul 22, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

?
  1. In a new Petitions forum?

100.0%
  2. In NAAFI and leave it there?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. In NAAFI with a move to Petitions by a mod when it ceases to be "front page" news?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. On multiple forums, leaving a mess to be slung together by a mod in Petitions at some later date?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. In a little niche where few people will see it?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Anywhere really, but moved to the Hole on expiry?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Separate forum for petitions?

It seems to me like a good way to never having your posts read, which would be a shame for some of the more deserving topics. I have little faith in the value of petitions in respect of changing the world, but some certainly have discussion value.

Most petitions have a time expiry, so should they be transferred to the Hole after the run-out date? Or left dormant in case of further developments?

If not in a separate forum, then where to post your petition? NAAFI for greater instant readership, but open to abuse and will drop out of view after a couple of hours of non-response? Or in a niche where it's safe but isn't going to achieve the object of it being posted. Or as a multiple drop across several forums, leading to accusations of spamming?

I've thrown a poll up with a few ideas.

Not suggested in the poll, but possibly an idea if the technology's there, could a petition be put in a new Petition forum with the opportunity to make it visible (and respondable to) in other forums? i.e. a single thread that can appear to be in several forums, and run down the pages of those forums like a thread that originated there?

PS Why do only six options come up on the poll when you've written eight? :(