Petitions

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by putteesinmyhands, Jul 22, 2008.

?
  1. In a new Petitions forum?

100.0%
  2. In NAAFI and leave it there?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. In NAAFI with a move to Petitions by a mod when it ceases to be "front page" news?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. On multiple forums, leaving a mess to be slung together by a mod in Petitions at some later date?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. In a little niche where few people will see it?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Anywhere really, but moved to the Hole on expiry?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Separate forum for petitions?

It seems to me like a good way to never having your posts read, which would be a shame for some of the more deserving topics. I have little faith in the value of petitions in respect of changing the world, but some certainly have discussion value.

Most petitions have a time expiry, so should they be transferred to the Hole after the run-out date? Or left dormant in case of further developments?

If not in a separate forum, then where to post your petition? NAAFI for greater instant readership, but open to abuse and will drop out of view after a couple of hours of non-response? Or in a niche where it's safe but isn't going to achieve the object of it being posted. Or as a multiple drop across several forums, leading to accusations of spamming?

I've thrown a poll up with a few ideas.

Not suggested in the poll, but possibly an idea if the technology's there, could a petition be put in a new Petition forum with the opportunity to make it visible (and respondable to) in other forums? i.e. a single thread that can appear to be in several forums, and run down the pages of those forums like a thread that originated there?

PS Why do only six options come up on the poll when you've written eight? :(