PETITION TO REDUCE ROADSIDE LITTER - WORTH A LOOK

If you ever look at cities in UK that's exactly how they live.
Sadly true. Every morning on my way to work I see rubbish, usually disposable coffee cups, scattered over benches with a bin less than 10 yards away. Clearly taking half a dozen steps to the bin was simply too much effort.

Mattb

LE
As much as I dislike fast food 'culture' - It is not their fault.

People who choose to feed that fatty shite to their children - and sometimes throw the packaging out the car window afterwards - do it because they have not been educated.

They might have been to school - but have not been educated.
Pretty sure that littering = bad is taught pretty ubiquitously.

The problem is that people are cunts.

It's the same fishing sometimes. I keep a small roll of black bags in my kit. Occasionally I have to clear a peg and the surrounding area of crap, hooks to nylon with the hook and bait still attached.. Now this REALLY PISSES ME Off. I was taught to leave the environment as it should be, you were never here, leave nothing that can cause harm. Drop old bait, groundbait etc, birds, mice etc will eat it.. Its a free meal for them.

When I'm clearing hooks, line, cans of corn and meat, boilie bags it gets on my tits.. Its not a UK problem either. In Perth WA, on a rocky outcrop, plastic bait bags of squid, hooks, line etc.. I picked it all up and took it to a local shop and asked if I could bin it in their bins.. My accent told them I wasn't local but I explained that we have the same problem with the litter in the UK. Crap got binned and I had a free coffee and a good chat with the owner of the place. Really nice bloke.

I've found that in a festival environment, the only place I've experienced it in, that peer pressure is to trash the place.
Cleaning up after yourself seems to be almost something to fight against. It's an anti authority thing in some way.
What's that anti something that is the fad now ?

Last edited:
Years back I was driving to Whittington Barracks with an oppo, who wound down the window after finishing a pre-packaged sarnie.

I told him if he ever threw anything out of my car he'd have to walk home and never travel in my vehicle again. At first he didn't think I was serious, but a few weeks later he said he was a changed character and would threaten the same in his own vehicle.

It's not fcuking difficult, after all.

Years back I was driving to Whittington Barracks with an oppo, who wound down the window after finishing a pre-packaged sarnie.

I told him if he ever threw anything out of my car he'd have to walk home and never travel in my vehicle again. At first he didn't think I was serious, but a few weeks later he said he was a changed character and would threaten the same in his own vehicle.

It's not fcuking difficult, after all.
You Bastard..
Whittington Barracks.

The old Prince of Wales Division depot outside of Lichfield. I need a drink.

My understanding of the leuw is you can't prosecute someone if the litter is found in a public place because there is no proof who put it there, anyone could have moved it from a bin to somewhere else ?

ches

LE
As a kid if I'd have littered anywhere in the presence of my parents I'd have got a slap round the swede. 50 years later i still don't do it, out of respect for other peoples spaces as well as the fact i'm not a pikey scum bag.

My understanding of the leuw is you can't prosecute someone if the litter is found in a public place because there is no proof who put it there, anyone could have moved it from a bin to somewhere else ?
I’d find that hard to believe that you cannot prosecute on that basis - but it’s likely that councils wouldn’t for general on the cost vs likelihood of successful prosecution on the strength of a case.

If there was a law preventing prosecution then they wouldn’t be able to go after fly tippers based on names & addresses found in the dumped rubbish (and also for them to be able to go after individuals who had used an unlicensed fly by night to take away waste that ends up fly tipped)

The idea of ‘solving’ litter by making fast food outlets label everything is regularly brought up.
It’s a poorly thought out argument

It adds an unnecessary cost to the business, major fast food places such as McDonalds have a policy of clearing their immediate area and also doing things such as wider annual litter cleanups.
Councils can also raise a charge on any business that could be the origin of customers litter

Some parts are already ‘labelled’ (receipt and the box of customised items) so it could just be adding details. But they would need to label every item - at an increase in costs, otherwise you just pull out the marked receipt and throw the rest out of the window

But if you walk in to the counter rather than drive past the window then there is no vehicle registration to add to any labels

I’d find that hard to believe that you cannot prosecute on that basis - but it’s likely that councils wouldn’t for general on the cost vs likelihood of successful prosecution on the strength of a case.

If there was a law preventing prosecution then they wouldn’t be able to go after fly tippers based on names & addresses found in the dumped rubbish (and also for them to be able to go after individuals who had used an unlicensed fly by night to take away waste that ends up fly tipped)
Fly tipping is a deliberate dumping of a large amount of crap, finding a burger wrapper in hedge is not the same thing.
”Thats strange officer, I remember putting it all in the bin in the village, maybe seagulls/kids/wind are responsible” Its a bit harder to explain the ton of building shite that you have paid a pikey to dispose off.

No mention of do as you likeys in this petition, are they not serious about reducing roadside litter?
7BB9C4D2-CD7E-4C24-B746-35E109374DFA.jpeg

spooky...

Mattb

LE
I think that the simple solution is just to put sarin in all McDonalds and KFC meals, the problem will soon go away.

As much as I dislike fast food 'culture' - It is not their fault.

People who choose to feed that fatty shite to their children - and sometimes throw the packaging out the car window afterwards - do it because they have not been educated.

They might have been to school - but have not been educated.
Most schools are litter free. They have policies which they enforce, offenders get to do litter picking (in ØA’s school, wearing a high vis jacket with ‘Trash’ stencilled on the back). They know it’s wrong but they don’t care, you can’t educate pork...

10 mins drive from McDonalds in any direction and you will find a lot of litter especially in rural areas.
The biggest problem in my location is beach litter. We are just entering the time of year when non-locals arrive on the beach with slabs of beer, plastic crap and vinyl wind breaks. None of which will apparantly fit back in the car in the evening!
Is there a petition for armed beach patrols?