PETITION TO REDUCE ROADSIDE LITTER - WORTH A LOOK

chimera

LE
I normally ignore these Government petitions, but living in a rural area, and seeing the amount of shite chucked from cars either as they transit through or come to "enjoy the countryside" this one is certainly worth a punt:

I normally ignore these Government petitions, but living in a rural area, and seeing the amount of shite chucked from cars either as they transit through or come to "enjoy the countryside" this one is certainly worth a punt:

Blighted around here by these selfish tossers too. I was hoping to see mandatory execution in the Petition, but it will do for starters! Signed.

Is it practical to expect McDs to print separate car registrations on every item they sell?
How will it work for hire cars?
How do you prove who threw what out of a car when the litter is found months later?

Sounds like one of those ideas that doesnt stand up to scrutiny.

Why not just tax fast food joints for the cleanup unless they employ teams to clean up after the percentage of customers that are dirty twats?

They are talking about doing the same with cigarette manufacturers.

Why not just tax fast food joints for the cleanup unless they employ teams to clean up after the percentage of customers that are dirty twats?

McDonalds do their own clean up

I think the tax on fags is already pretty high.

Cheers - shared to our village faceache site :)

We get MuckyD packaging thrown out of car windows at night as they drive through the village

Perth WA.
Traffic cameras can pick you up for littering, the registered keeper of the car gets issued a $10,000Aus dollar fine.
Its the way forwards, as much as I don't like the cameras, if they were used for this purpose as well I'd be happy.

As has been said, start taxing the fast food outlets for the litter created by the outlet within a given radius of the premises.

NONSENSE.

JUST ADD THE COST TO THE VEHICLE EXCISE CHARGE - £150 A YEAR FOR ALL TYPES OF VEHICLES EVERY YEAR.

EZPZ.

ISN'T IT ANNOYING WHEN SOMEONE TYPES EVERYTHING WITH CAPS-LOCK ON?

No mention of do as you likeys in this petition, are they not serious about reducing roadside litter?

As much as I dislike fast food 'culture' - It is not their fault.

People who choose to feed that fatty shite to their children - and sometimes throw the packaging out the car window afterwards - do it because they have not been educated.

They might have been to school - but have not been educated.

Issi

LE
Just as an aside to this, most councils have a ‘Report Litter’ page on their websites.

I’ve used this a couple of times to report fly tipping and areas of severe littering, and it seems to work.

They might have been to school - but have not been educated.
That is the whole nub of the problem, a moral awareness, and education. Today younger generation, and to some extent older folk, are bone idle, and this manifests itself in their general attitude to the world around them. The days of local community pride have all but gone. The baby boomer generation were brought up in a much stricter regime that today's feckless media orientated, and somewhat brainwashed celebrity led generation, who on the whole, couldn't give a shit, as long as you can wear it, drink and eat it, or stare down at it while you walk along munching fast food. I know this tirade is a bit simplistic, but when I am out and about, its not the old and the bold that litter our streets, it those from puberty, to starting to go grey generation that seem to be the main culprits. Having confronted a group of youngsters about droping pop bottles, and getting a mouthful of filth back, i sometime wonder what their parents, and home life must be like.

Education at an early age, at home and at school, is the only answer, instill a sense of right and wrong, until you do, litter in all its forms will always will be us.

That is the whole nub of the problem, a moral awareness, and education. Today younger generation, and to some extent older folk, are bone idle, and this manifests itself in their general attitude to the world around them. The days of local community pride have all but gone. The baby boomer generation were brought up in a much stricter regime that today's feckless media orientated, and somewhat brainwashed celebrity led generation, who on the whole, couldn't give a shit, as long as you can wear it, drink and eat it, or stare down at it while you walk along munching fast food. I know this tirade is a bit simplistic, but when I am out and about, its not the old and the bold that litter our streets, it those from puberty, to starting to go grey generation that seem to be the main culprits. Having confronted a group of youngsters about droping pop bottles, and getting a mouthful of filth back, i sometime wonder what their parents, and home life must be like.

Education at an early age, at home and at school, is the only answer, instill a sense of right and wrong, until you do, litter in all its forms will always will be us.

The irony being is that it's the same generation that worships St Greta and professes to love the environment

The lass two doors up from me, and her boyfriend park in the same place... The grass opposite is littered with fast food wrappers, cans, bottles etc.. One of the neighbours (I've a good idea who) picked it all up and covered her car in it, all over the roof and bonnet.

Her Dad also has a good idea who it is.. But won't say anything for fear of getting filled in at minimum.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
Why on earth do they want to come out to the lovely countryside - and then despoil it ?

Just doesn't make sense

If you ever look at cities in UK that's exactly how they live.