Petition to prevent the Suns Millies awards

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Hat20, Sep 2, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Well well well! is this an arrser? quick off the mark who ever he is!
    Web Page Name

2. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

I like it!

"..on the grounds of decency"

Fair one :D

3. That's not going to work - how can Downing St stop a National Newspaper doing their own awards?

4. But think how embarrassing it would be to a 'popular' 'news'paper to have a massive petition raised against one of its initiatives?

I'd love to see one from ArmyNet, as well - just to rub salt in.

5. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

And as you can see, Gordon Brown has already signed :D

6. Silly bugger should sort out his spelling and grammar before he puts up one of these No.10 PR petitions; he'd get more attention from the interested public. Not that anyone at No.10 gives a toss anyway; they'd do not a thing if every single one of the 60 million legal inhabitants of these isles signed it with their souls' blood.

7. I think the awards are pretty crap, but the current bun has always supported 'our boys and girls' through thick and thin, and personaly I would rather have them with us and on our side, than against us. :wink:

8. Jesus! That's a wah so big, you can see the dorsal fins from the other side of the fishing lake! :D

9. Of course the Sun supports them it is probably the most commonly read rag in the services...........They ain't stupid.

Done correctly the awards could be a good thing but I won't hold my breath.

10. "Millies" sounds stupid. I'm getting sick of serious things getting downgraded with stupid terms like that. Besides, it's The Sun. Fcuk that.

11. Just makes me think of Millie Dowler or whatever her name was...

12. "Millies". A name designed to appeal to the sort of person who follows "Emmerdale Farm", "Neighbours" and "Big Brother", with a blank stare and a blob of dribble at the corner of their mouth.

Let them carry on. It won't influence any process even remotely associated with reality (except those processes which they want people to think have been influenced).

13. Signed...they need to give the guys correct compensation and treatment instead of wasting it on this pish award shite!

14. There's already a poll on ArmyNET about it. Reasonably grown up too.