Petition- sack those who allowed payment for stories

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by green_slime, Apr 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The above petition has just been put on the No 10 website.

Although I agree with the sentiment, surely we should wait for the formal announcement next week?

2. I don't agree with the petition.

3. I disagree with this. Sacking Des Browne, yes, but the pawns? No.

4. I don't agree with the petition nor it's perceived effectiveness. This whole petition portal is just another cog in the spin machine. Utterly worthless.

5. I don't agree with the petition either.

6. No, I don't agree. Bollocking - yes, but if you sack everyone involved you lose the lessons. Everybody fecks up, as long as you learn not to feck up again.

Des Brown has fecked up too many times and obvioulsy has not learned, thus bin him!

7. This whole tale is going from an unavoidable crisis to a total clusterfcuk and PR drama. Sack Des yes, and Tony but not the service pers...

8. No-one needs to be sacked, Des should resign and the First and Second Sea Lords can get their Flag Lts to dust-off the ward room Webley

9. Agreed. Petition should not be necessary nor noted. The system should simply identify any that are not up to the job and ask them to resign or remove them from post (non-blameworthy). This applies to civvies and military alike.

10. While I agree with you in principle, we both know that the system is not up to anything. If it were, this country would not be in the state it is.

11. Perhaps we could club together and buy a Webley Service revolver for use in government, then no-one would ever need to be sacked and politicians could choose an honourable exit.

12. We would have to bid for that amount of ammo well in advance.

13. I can't see why those service chiefs who allowed the fiasco to continue beyond the moment when it all started to come back under their control (on the plane back from Tehran) should be forgiven. They're paid to make highly competent decisions under pressure, and they singularly failed. Sack them.

14. When you do something ALL the fricking time (like send these bloody petitions), it loses it's impact.

A daft idea, which will probably not even get noticed.

15. I think the only thing we can be certain of is that Des and Tone will be doing everything they can to try to make it look as if this was a senior officer problem and nothing to do with them. After all Tone has a very nasty looking election coming up and he does not need any more bad news about NuLabor, and of course Des is hoping to get the keys to No 11 when Gordon becomes PM. Cue rolling of heads in the Admiralty irrespective of who is to blame

Peter

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.