Petition - no more part time SoS Def

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by MrPVRd, Dec 4, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Please sign....keep the pressure up

2. Signed it :D

I cant beleive they still have not changed that! with Afghan and Iraq still ongoing....then again with this government....not much of a suprise really.
  3. bumpy bumpy
  4. signed

but what is the point theres no-one in No 10 who'd bother to read it :x
  5. Signed.

We do not know if this cynical Government pays any attention at all to the e-Petitions. I do suspect that they are intended simply as a palliative, simply to placate the irate electorate into thinking they have done something, and that something might actually happen.

However, we can be certain that if we do nothing, then nothing will happen.
  6. Signed.
    Bleedin pointless though, as they have as much respect for us, as I do for them.
  7. Done it too, however, will they change it, not in this life time!

When will the lot of the Armed Forces be taken seriously by any in either New Labour or Whitehall, all protected from the pain the forces face!

As for that DIP they have as Veterans Minister (YES Prime Minister!
  8. Signed!
  9. The sad thing is the MOD has to pay his full ministerial salary, not bad for a part time job eh?

Editted to add:

The Scottish office have to pay fcuk all for their part time minister.
  10. Signed
  11. Signed. Probably wasted my time (oh, to be proven wrong), but signed anyway.
  12. Signed and passed on
  13. Signed and bumped
  14. Signed

Maybe we should ask the question, why this govt. deems the armed forces unworthy of it's own minister? And does the MoD building now have a Scotish office?