Petition Include military personal with 5 years service in criteria for Platinum Jubilee

Could be wrong here, but is this a Walt?
No I don’t think so. More likely someone who has left recently or is due to leave soon and will therefore miss out if previous criteria is applied

I'm going to get a bottle opener court mounted. It seems... appropriate?

Include military personal with 5 years service in criteria for Platinum Jubilee​

There are plans to issue a Platinum Jubilee medal to honour Queen Elizabeth II. The criteria for the medal should include all personnel, serving or retired, who have had 5 years continuous service during Her Majesty’s reign.

Previous Jubilee medals have had a strict criteria of having to be serving on the day of the Jubilee, and completed a minimum of 5 years service. There are plenty of veterans who have serviced for 1/3 to 1/2 of Her Majesty’s reign yet are not entitled to wear the medal yet they probably served longer than most of those currently serving who will be entitled to receive the medal. The Platinum Jubilee is momentous achievement and all of Her Majesty’s forces, should receive any potential award.

chimera

LE
And the ribbon design is perilously close to that of the official Cadet Forces Medal.
I love the "General Service Cross" made to look oh so very like an MC:

Perhaps they use the same intellectual property lawyers as Aldi and Lidl?

Last edited:

I got a bar for mine. Looks dead Allie now.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
I think it boils down to jealousy.

They don’t like the fact that they get upstaged by people half their age with a chest full of medals.

I hardly think that something awarded to Justin Bieber is the way to cut a dash, much less the key to Valhalla.

Does the OP know something the rest of us don’t know? As far as I’m aware the criteria for the award of this medal has not been announced therefore why is he starting a petition to change the criteria?

Latest Threads